“Good Brazilian Food”

Ranked #25 of 1,477 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Brazilian, Cuban, Latin, Mexican, South American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Walk through the doors of Las Iguanas and find yourself transported to Latin America, full of rich, vibrant colours, quirky features and custom-made wooden mosaic tables made especially for the restaurant from sustainable woods in Brazil. Each restaurant is unique and the staff love bringing unusual things back from their travels, ranging from large lobster sculptures to giant drums. The philosophy of Las Iguanas is to serve delicious and authentic Latin American food and drink in an environment which evokes the very best of Latin life. With recipes dating back to the 16th century, the food successfully fuses native Latin American Indian, Spanish, Portuguese and African influences. Working hard to ensure that everything comes from the best possible source, Las Iguanas is proud of its fresh GM free food and top quality ingredients.
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Have been here several times and also to the one in Sheffield West One and have had excellant food in both. I love Rio and this is the best Brazilian food I have had away from Brazil. The Caipirhina's are to die for. They also do lots of other South American food but I always go for one of the Brazilian specials and I haven't been disappointed yet.

There are newer reviews for Las Iguanas-Meadowhall

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Visited during shopping with partner- we have tried a LOT of latin/tapas places , but never las Iguanas before.
As all commented, drinks & food expensive (nealry £15 for just 3 dishes of tapas)- but what to expect in Meadowhall! I just don't understand people who down write reviews on other restaurants that charge the same, when it's the same area/premise- but that's another issue.
Food- best commendation was patatas bravas. As patatas should be, new potatoes were used what gives the dish the freshest taste, sauce was delicious and dare I say, the best I have ever tasted- including from some of my favourite little unique latin bars of patatas bravas I have tasted!
We also mixed it up with a quesadilla, (chicken)- what was a decent size portion and as expected, and 2 other latin wrap similar dishes.
Again, at least for the money the portions were large & I was surprised to be full after sharing 3 dishes - that was a sufficient meal.

I don't understand the reviews that rave about the service. 3 staff working, one on bar, looking very bored, 2 girls serving- doing exactly that- just serving- nothing amazing or out of the way friendly. Observed several shoppers looking at the menu outside and peering in,- for a prolonged period- and at receiving no service/ greeting, - walk away. But maybe that is the ethos ?
The restaurant got busy just before we left.

All in all, as mentioned- yes, the food was good, and I particularly liked that every dish comes with a little sauce dip. And would visit again- but I received average food & service, exactly as expected. No food or service particularly stood out , in comparison to chiquitos, for example, where you go away thinking "WOW! that was good tasting food"- or La Tasca where the service in the Sheffield city centre branch is always genuinely friendly.

OK for the same meal deal again- no more!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

eaten here on the early evening offer a couple of times and always go away happy great food great drink and great price

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Visited pre cinema. I have eaten at the Las Iguanas in the city centre many times and have always has a decent meal (my kids like it a lot). This time though the chicken Zimzim was very water and v poor, my dish (a new prawn one!!) was edible but I wouldnt order it again! Starters? well the lamb empanada was very good but a strange king prawn dish that tasted like king prawns in meat gravy, was not so good.
We complained and the manager was very apologetic and knocked the Zimzim off the bill and gave us free drinks. So a big well done to the manager, but sadly its a 2 star for the food

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I don't often write reviews but after eating at Las Iguanas in Meadowhall recently I couldn't wait to tell people. I ate there with my family on Bank Holiday Monday and although it was packed I couldn't fault a thing. The food was delicious and the service was friendly and efficient. The staff were obviously very busy and rushed off their feet but they all seemed to be enjoying their work which was nice to see. It felt like they really cared we were having a good meal. I've already been raving about my meal to family and colleagues and I can't wait to go back!