“Amazing!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Food was absolutely amazing, went for my birthday as I'd been before and loved it and I was not disappointed. Defiantly my favourite place to eat. £150.00 bill for 7 of us (some of which had 3 courses) amazing if you ask me!

There are newer reviews for Papa Ciccios

Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

The food is brilliant, the atmosphere is good and as always the staff are friendly. Take a bottle or 2 as you cannot buy wine as its not licensed ( there are local shops to purchase wine). We go as a couple, with friends and with family. You will not be disappointed

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Went here with family for an evening meal. Great little Italian with good food and friendly atmosphere.Good selection of board specials too.
Its got a 70s retro vibe going on, walls and ceilings are covered in oddities!
Bring your own wine and book a table.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

A helpfful waiter translated the menu for us and helped us to choose our meals which were delicious were delicious - especially the sweet course! The restaurant is not licensed so don't forget to take along a bottle of your favourite wine. We all had a very enjoyable evening.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

I can grasp the principles of the theory of relativity. I can just about keep up with Steven Hawkin's concept of time and the universe. But there is one thing I find surpasses all understanding - why is Pappa Ciccio's so popular?
I've tried it on occasions over the years and did so again recently, but only because someone else was paying and invited us.
Nothing has changed. It is unusual among restaurants in having no redeeming features whatsoever.
The interior. Pure seventies. It's like stepping onto the set of Life on Mars. So convincing is the time warp that, temporarily stunned by my sudden 40 year regression, I almost ordered a Steak Diane well done and a bottle of Liebfraumilch.
Ah yes, the food. In a sentence? -
Overcooked, oversauced and over here.
The service? -
Sullen and definitely not Italian.
I was being harsh when I said there was nothing good about the place. The wine, a Brunello di Montalcino, was excellent. Then again, I brought it with me.
And yet...and yet it has a following that many restaurants would envy. It has in my estimation done astoundingly well just to survive on this showing, still less win the approval of so many. If its regular customers enjoy it, well, everything is a question of taste. For my part, the next time someone invites me out there, I'll stay at home with a nice book on quantum physics. If not half as baffling.

10  Thank marwoodSheffield