“Excellent place to eat” 5 of 5 bubbles

Jewel
Ranked #422 of 1,417 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European, Bangladeshi
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Excellent place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Decided to visit jewel for a birthday meal, we as a family love our curry and have been eating at one particular place for many years but decided it was time for a change, have to say I was really pleased we did.
It was a busy Saturday night when we went in November, however we didn't have long to wait for a table. The place has a lovely atmosphere, lively but not too loud.
I had chicken tikka starter and although the portion was a bit on the small side, the chicken melted in my mouth, very tasty and obviously freshly prepared, the presentation was also very good.
We ordered chicken and lamb dishes for mains, again excellent quality food, plentiful and very well presented.
The service was excellent with plenty of waiting staff, but didnt feel like they were on top of you all the time as with some places, when they had checked it was all to our satisfaction we were left alone to enjoy our fabulous meal.
The place is spotlessly clean, with plenty of low lighting so you can actually see your food.
There is an excellent choice on the menu but not too much to feel overwhelmed we did wait a while for our mains but it was well worth it and we simply enjoyed a drink.
This place ticked all our boxes a really lovely evening with superb quality freshly prepared food could not fault it and can't wait to come back with the rest of our family

• Visited November 2013

South Yorkshire
“Something Special”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

I visited Jewel about a month ago with my partner. We went early evening before a late film showing at nearby Cineworld. I called the day before to make a reservation and although when we arrived, we were the only people there, it would not take long to fill up once the early showings finish or if there was an event on at the nearby Arena.
We visited as a result of reading a review in a local magazine and I was tempted by the different dishes they serve like slow cooked rabbit and my favourite beef Shatkora. The food was first class and served up with a modern twist. The service was spot on. There wasn't anything I could fault. This is not your boozed up end of the night curry house. It's one to be savoured when you want something a little more special. Will definitely be returning soon.

Axminster, United Kingdom
“Definitely worth visiting for yourself”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Visited this restaurant quite early on a Thursday night around 7pm and it was totally empty but they were setting up for a large party of 20+.which arrived a little later. Glad I got my order in first before they arrived.

The restaurant has a fresh decor being quite minimalistic and neutral. The tables have nice cloth table clothes and napkins far better than paper so often seen lately.

I ordered the "Hot meat" starter (and I love hot) and I wasn’t disappointed! Next I choose a “Chicken Tikka Sizzler” which arrived sizzling on a hot skillet and not swimming in oil with just enough onions. I thought this was quite bland tasting though. Admittedly I don't often order this dish I just fancied a drier meat dish on this occasion along with vegetable curry side dish which was great and a Garlic and Chilli nan which was well made having the ingredients evenly spread although quite a heavy dough.

They have Cobra and Kingfisher on draft at £3.50 a pint but the bottles are expensive at £4.95.
The wines seemed reasonable between £11.95 for house up to £18.95 for a decent Spanish Rioja.

Service was efficient but not too personal.

All in all definitely worth a visit - recommended.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“simply the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

decided to try the Jewel after passing it one day as we usually travel a lot further afield for a decent meal. What a find.......it surpassed all expectations, it is now a regular place we visit and have recommended it to lots of our friends. The food is delicious, freshly cooked to order and the customer service is probably the best you will receive anywhere in the UK! well done

Stafford, United Kingdom
“Super Indian Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

We went on a Monday night and were the only people in, the staff were lovely and attentive and our food was excellent. It is rather minimalist but this seems to be the 'fashion' in many Indian restaurants these days. Car park at rear not very big, good job as we are not local and wouldn't know where else to park. We eat out often and usually at an Indian and this was certainly one of the best, good service, good food, not over priced. Excellent. If we were local we would be in all the time.

• Visited September 2013