“Sheffield,s Jewel”

Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Just had a wonderful meal at the Jewel I can't believe we,ve missed this one! Fabulous authentic Indian cuisine at its best. Nice surroundings and good old fashioned professional service. Can't wait to go back.

There are newer reviews for Jewel

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I visited here early evening with a work colleague following a recommendation from other colleagues. Didn't even know it existed, come on guys, better publicity needed! Maybe a better sign on the side of the building?
Anyway, the decor is nicely contemporary, and follows the current trend to break away from 'conventional' Indian restaurant decor. Neutral colours, nice tiled floor, comfy furniture, good lighting (Akbaar's shortcoming).
A nice warm welcome awaited, and we were soon shown to our table. The menu includes all the usual classic favourites, but we were drawn to the long list of 'Chef Signature' dishes - there's duck, rabbit, fish and more. We chose beef with Bangladeshi lime (an unusual combination that works superbly) and slow-cooked Rajasthani lamb, that just melted.
Both were excellent, and we'd never come across them before.
I'd concur with other comments on here that the price is a bit higher than many Indian restaurants, but I reckon we got top-notch food in very comfortable surroundings so don't personally mind paying a bit more.
Friendly service, and helpful explanations of some of the ingredients that we weren't familiar with, rounded off an excellent experience. Thanks, we'll be back to sample the Khargosh soon!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband treated me to a night out for my birthday and chose Jewel based on the good reviews on trip advisor.
We have a young family and don't get out that often and I think he was slightly nervous at trying somewhere new, he needn't have been! The whole evening was wonderful. The service was excellent with knowledgeable, attentive staff. The menu was extensive and varied, the food itself was the delicious and by far the best Indian cuisine I have ever tasted. Thank you Jewel for making my birthday treat so special, we will certainly come again.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Every dish tastes different (which is unusual in itself in most curry houses as most are based on the same sauce or gravy ), and i know cos i go every week and have sampled about 90 percent of the menu. Dishes include some unusual items such as beef, rabbit and duck but all are devine. Try the lal mans if you like lamb dishes.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Very warm welcome from staff,promptly sat down,one member of staff serving,no drinks orders straight away as expected, meal was pleasant, taking the medium option of spice quite mild for my liking but that's just me, everybody is different, fair portion, as for the decor needs a bit ore colour to add atmosphere I think as it was quite plain/ clean looking, apart from that I would recommend you try it out.