“Excellent food and service”
Review of Jewel

Jewel
Ranked #421 of 1,434 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European, Bangladeshi
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

First time visit to the Jewel but very impressed with the food and service.
A good range of satrters and main courses, I suspect something to suit everyones tastes. A large selection of Chefs Specials.
Went on a business meal out but will return with my wife and family soon.

• Visited October 2012

Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Excellent service, great food, all round great experience.”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Me and my husband have been twice to jewel. Even with our visits being 10 months apart the manager remembered my husband. Brilliant.
The first time we gave a days notice that we needed a table for 16 of us on the 17/12/2011. They were fantastic, service never faultered and food was very tasty.
The second was the 13/10/2012 after we had been to the arena. Spur of the moment and wasn't sure whether they would be able to accommodate us at 10.30pm. Again they were busy but service never faultered. Again tasty food and just enough to feel satisfied.
What sets this apart from the other Indian in the area is that the brilliant staff go at your pace and don't rush you.
I love good customer service and all the staff are extremely pleasant. Will definately return in the near future. Thankyou.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and service. Will be back!”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Found this from recommendation at hotel. Very good freshly chilled copious and excellent service.will be coming again tomorrow!

Sheffield, South Yorkshire
“One of the best Indian meals I ever had.”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Last night, me and my husband went to the Jewel, near Centertainment, Sheffield. My husband has been many times before with my stepson and gave it glowing reports. Well, the Jewel really was a Jewel. The food was just Devine and the service by Jamsher and Angur was second to none. I advise anyone visiting the Arena or the Cinema to ditch the chain type restaurants in the area and opt for the Jewel.

• Visited October 2012
South Yorkshire
“Not that impressed!”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Came mid-week after reading the reviews on TA.
The restaurant is 'minimalistic' in its decor. Walls plain, ( one wall with what appeared to be black flowered wallpaper!) tables plain, no candles / flowers etc. No pictures or wall decoration. The place reminded me of an empty car show room.
There was little or no atmosphere.
There were 6 people in the restaurant. We had one starter yet it took one hour to receive our main meal, goodness knows how they would cope on a busy Saturday.
The portions were very small. We ordered a rice to share, this was served in such a little bowl . There was only sufficient for one. The curry came in a a similar sized dish that was very shallow and again the portion was very small.
I ordered the King Prawn starter as a main. The food was delicious but I received some salad and 6 prawns!!! I was starving.
The food was very tasty and the staff were very attentive and friendly but having eaten in Indian restaurants for a long time there are much better Indian restaurants in Sheffield.
Sorry will not be going back!

• Visited September 2012