“Wonderful Restaurant”
Review of Cutlers Spice

Cutlers Spice
Ranked #13 of 1,477 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We moved to a house just round the corner from the Cutler's recently and promised ourselves we would try it because it is so convenient. We hadn't read any reviews however and we were amazed when we visited at how lucky we are to be so near such a fantastic restaurant.

It's wonderful to see an old pub being used and turned into a successful business. The décor in the restaurant is lovely and it's a great environment in which to enjoy a meal. The food was absolutely delicious, the service was spot on and we thought it was excellent value for money.

It was so good that we visited again within a week and last night we tried their takeaway service.

I would have to strongly disagree with the previous reviewer who said all the dishes came out the same - we have now tried several different dishes and they varied a great deal. The portions of meat in each dish was also very generous and nicely cooked (not stringy in the slightest). In particular the portion of chicken in the main course chicken tikka was huge and we couldn't eat it all!

I can see that we are going to be very regular customers of this excellent restaurant. The only constructive feedback I can give is that apparently the gents toilets could do with some improvement - my partner commented that is seemed like they had not been refurbished with the rest of the building. I can't comment on whether the ladies was the same, but hopefully as this restaurant becomes more successful this minor issue will be addressed.

There are newer reviews for Cutlers Spice

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Eaten at a few Indian restaurants this is the best I've been to. Excellent service and fabulous food! Decor lovely, will definitely return!

Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

From the outside this restaurant looks like the original Cutlers Arms pub but step inside and you find a transformed interior which is high quality, tasteful & modern, including the toilets. For starters I had 2 tender venison cutlets which were lightly spiced served on roast vegetables & spices together with 2 interesting dips. Main dish was delicious thick pieces of tuna also lightly flavoured which I thought suited the tuna taste. You can choose which type & I strength of spices. I don't usually have 3 courses at an Indian restaurant but couldn't resist the home made chocolate melt with ice cream. Every time I've been here this family-run business always provides a great eating experience & often a few surprises.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We went for a birthday celebration after hearing rave reviews and were very disappointed. The food was pretty nondescript and the service appalling. A man with a very loud voice announced each of your dishes then practically threw them at you. Another man kept trying to clear plates before we finished. Not good. Not as expected.

cutlersspice, Manager at Cutlers Spice, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

i find this review suspisous. you wrote this review on the 13th of jan along with viraaj and you left me a poor and viraaj an average but if you came to my restaurant in december then why didnt you write about your expreance at cutlers spice on the 3rd of jan when you left the hosspos hall an poor and the devinshire arms an average? what i find suspisous is that you left both indian restaurants more or less a bad review on the same day in both you claim service was bad and so was the food , also that you came in a group or a party 2 both restaurants? i cant speak for viraaj but im sure you have not been to my restaurant if you had then why wasnt i inforemed by yourselfs or my staff about your expreance on the night? its not the first time that reguler guests from kashmiri aroma have left us poor or terrible reviews i believe viraaj have had the same issue.
i dont think you have visted my restaurant i also believe that you was offered an incentive to leave this review by kashmiri aroma. its not the first time this has happened i feel like my restaurant is being targeted.

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful place, very friendly staff and excellent food. I have been here a number of times and always great customer service and will definitely be back.