“A GREAT PLACE TO HAVE A CURRY!”
Review of Cutlers Spice

Cutlers Spice
Ranked #14 of 1,483 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed January 25, 2013

A good menu offering a wide choice of food, well presented and very tasty, good choice of drinks, nice decor and freindly staff. All combines to make a pleasant experience to go with friends for a meal.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Lovely interior and decor, easy to get to by own transport or public transport.
Family meal out 17.01.12 really enjoyed the meal once again 3 times visited now and still excellent service, staff really helpfull and polite, the food was really tasty again and very good priced.

1  Thank hannah n
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Booked to come here to celebrate 3 family members birthdays. I'd read the reviews and was really looking forward to it. The place itself is lovely, great decor and an all round an upmarket feel. The service was attentive and our order taken quickly. We ordered starters and mains whilst scoffing the poppadoms. The starters arrived before we had finished the pops! I had a mixed kebab. The bhaji with it was outstanding but the the rest was dry and a bit bland . As soon as we had put our cutlery down the mains arrived - a few minutes rest would have been nice! One of the waiters was miserable to the point of being arrogant. We were asked a number of times if everything was ok. One member of staff came out actually soliciting for a write up on here! The main course was average. Portion size was huge but it lacked flavour. Our regular place to eat is in Crookes and I have to say this hasn't lured us away!

2  Thank Adey67
cutlersspice, Manager at Cutlers Spice, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Thank you very much for take the time to write this review.
I do remember your table and talking to you at the time of your visit when I asked you if your happy with the service and food you never mentioned any of this what your saying on tripadvisor from what you said to me on the night I'd say you was satisfied with everything also I felt that you didn't want to talk to me that's why I stay long at the table and told the waiters not to disturbe you.
Asking for a few nice comments on tripadvisor is not exactly soliciting what you should write that's up to you! If I didn't ask I doubt you would have even joined tripadvisor as ours was your first review.
There is a lot of people compering our restaurant with others in Sheffield and as they've all mentioned on our tripadvisor page but if your not going to come with an open mind to Cutlers if your not going to interact with the staff then we don't have a chance to impress you. In our first year went brilliantly we helped set up an Indian cookery course at the Sheffield city college, our staff ran 10k for charity, we was nominated in the curry capital of Britain competition (this year we plan to win it for Sheffield) our chefs was invited to the Sheffield food festival to do a cooking demo, we sent one of our chefs to India to get you new recipes, (he's off to Slovenia with the uk tourism bored to promote spices in Europe in feb 2013) our 75 year old head chef got chef of the year award from curry life magazine and we have been recodnised as 1 of the top 100 Indian restUrants in the uk at the British curry awards.
Can you tell me one local Indian restaurant that has achieved so much.
I'm very sorry to here you didn't enjoy your experience at Cutlers please to give us another try and if something isn't as it should be do tell the staff if you don't tell us how are we suppose to know?

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Lovely interior decoration and ample car parking. Staff very polite and helpful offering a good level of service. All 7 of our party were impressed by the food, with no complaints with any dish served.

Good value for money too, not an overpriced City Center Restaurant.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Easy to get to by car, bus or Tram, Plenty of Parking. Cutlers spice staff are friendly and quite helpful. The menu has a great variety but will make curries not on menu if you ask. The decor is lovely and clean. I would not make a habbit of going with young children but children are welcome. I've been a few times now and when my youngest started to show off I got the impresstion they wanted us to leave. (Most curry houses would offer a ice cream or chocolate to help the bordeom of the children).

That said if you want to try somewhere new then it's on my list of curry houses in Sheffield

1  Thank Bradsmart