“Hurrah!”

Tamper Coffee - Westfield Terrace
Ranked #190 of 1,490 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Tamper:coffee is a small independently-owned New Zealand style coffee shop. Our focus is on producing the finest artisan coffee, accompanied by simple and fresh, made-to-order sandwiches and snacks, and a small weekend brunch menu. *Please be aware, we are a small, quality-focused indepedent business with a large customer base, which can result in waits during busy periods *For more information on the shop and our menu, please visit our website
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I'm a self-labelled coffee snob. I love my bold coffees from quirky independent coffee shops, and boy, did Tamper deliver!
Fantastic coffee - I loved that my Americano came with hot water on the side so I could decide how strong I wanted it. The venue and atmosphere was really laid back (reminded me of some of the coffee places I had visited in Brooklyn, NY), and the place had some lovely art and quirky touches.
Highly recommended, and worth seeking out. If I ever get back to Sheffield, this place will certainly be one of the first places I visit.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

A fantastic little coffee house with an eclectic vibe and coffee that tastes divine. I had a brewed coffee and was pleasantly surprised to have two coffees in one. The first cup was a throughly refreshing 'slap-in-the-face' wake-up call, which I really needed just before lunch. When I got round to the second cup more than 5 mins later, it was a smooth and delicate taste and completely different, even though it came from the same jug!

Food was great, well prepared and flavoursome and portions just right. I wish I could get some of their recipes to try at home!

Atmosphere is chilled and relaxed. I could easily have spent a lot longer there and would certainly go there again. Shame I live too far away.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Not really sure what all the fuss is about!...large capacino to takeout for £2.50 was tiny...I prefer the taste at Starbucks! Didn't try the food...however the venue is very chilled...nice staff...good brand

1  Thank Reiceproject
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is the Best Coffee I've had anywhere by far. Only down the road from where I work so I am there fairly regularly to get my Flat white + extra shot... Awesome. I've been visiting for around 4 months now and wouldn't think of going anywhere else for coffee. Staff are really friendly and the food is all homemade and amazing! (even if some of the invidual scones/cakes are a bit pricey)

The place is decorated in an old school coffee house style with wooden stools, benches etc. so if you expect plush soft leather sofa's and chairs then this place probably isnt for you. Most of the time the place is packed full of people as well, which goes to show how popular it is with locals. You get alot of interesting people in there from all sorts of backgrounds so theres always something interesting to talk about.

I used to be a Starbucks fanboy but never been back since trying Tamper!

if you try it you won't regret it!

1  Thank Dannyb016
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Tamper is the bench mark by which I judge all other coffee shops. It has every thing you need if a little cramped at times, but this just adds to it.

1  Thank TheAcaiBerry