“Lovely Local Cafe”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
“Lovely Local Cafe”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Ate here twice last week and thoroughly enjoyed it both times. On the first occasion I sampled a panini and a rather large piece of Victoria sandwich, both were lovely. The second time I visited I went with two friends, two of us had the onion flatbread filled with Moroccan style chicken which was delicious and hopefully will see this on the specials board next time I visit. My other friend is coeliac and they were able to do her chosen dish (scrambled eggs and smoked salmon on toast) gluten free which was excellent. Once again I somehow managed to eat another large piece of Victoria sandwich. Also, decided to try a smoothie on my second visit and I'm very glad that I did as it was lovely and fresh. Will definitely be visiting again next time that I am home as I am desperate to try one of their breakfasts which I am pleased to see that they now serve up to 3pm. Thanks!!

• Visited April 2014

Fethiye, Turkey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lunch in The Arthouse”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We travelled far for a lunch at The ArtHouse today and it was well worth it. The menu had plenty of choice for lunch and the four crazy old ladies and I thoroughly enjoyed ours (a few of even managed a cake - delicious!). Beautiful cafe, lovely staff and a choice of local arts and crafts for sale. I would definitely revisit given the chance.

• Visited April 2014
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Just lovely...”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Really love going to the Art House... Have visited several times... Last week I had the Brie, Bacon and Cranberry Pannini and a pot of tea... Fantastic as usual... Reasonably priced... Lunch for two and change from £20... Also love the fact you can buy lovely local crafts...

Visited March 2014
Sheffield, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely homemade food & fab Christmas hampers :)”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The Arthouse is my favourite cafe in Penistone and offers tasty & well presented homemade food. The specials board is updated each week with mouthwatering dishes and the cakes (all made in their kitchen) are absolutely delicious.

The hampers which were available for Christmas made super presents & were of a high quality.

I've found the Arthouse staff to be welcoming & friendly.

I only wish they served their breakfast menu all day! x

• Visited February 2014
Cracow
“Fantastic find”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

9 of us had afternoon tea here on a Saturday afternoon.
We requested gluten free and vegetarian, which was very gratefully received.
The staff could not do enough for us, so helpful and polite.
There was a lovely selection of sandwiches, home made cakes, scones, clotted cream and jam.
A plentiful supply of tea, drinks etc was regularly offered.
Will definitely go back for lunch as the menu looked really good.
There was also a good selection of groceries to buy eg. jams, cakes, condiments.

• Visited February 2014