“wished we hadn't bothered!”

Frankie & Benny's Meadowhall
Ranked #613 of 1,520 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: American, Italian, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We didn't like this experience one little bit. We were seated close to the kitchen counter which was very strange because you couldn't actually hear any food being cooked!

There was no sizzling or pots and pans banging, and when we placed our order after being interrupted every ten seconds to see if we were ready! all be it before any drinks had been delivered.
When the order arrived about five minutes after being placed it was just warm we had ordered a garlic bread which was more like a tortilla and really soggy, I had ordered spagetti and meatballs and they were terrible.
We decided to watch the next order be placed and time it, it was ready in eight minutes a family of four but was then left on the counter for ten minutes going cold before it was delivered to their table.
Hasten to add we asked for the bill and vowed never to return

Reviewed January 26, 2013

After today's visit i will not be returning again.

2 weeks a go i booked a table for my daughters Birthday. I rang yesterday to reconfirm the booking. (More then 24 hrs in advance). I arrived along with other parents and their children. When i got there, they hadn't even started preparing the table and had to wait half an hour for the table. I asked the manager why the table wasn't ready and his excuse was "I DONT KNOW, I'VE ONLY JUST STARTED MY SHIFT.". They took ages in taking our orders and again we waited ages for the food to be served. This was very embarrassing for me., Then they had the cheek to add a £6.00 service charge to my bill. (This was for a tip). I did tip the waiter what i thought the service was worth. But they were money grabbing cos it was busy and at the end of the day, its all about money not providing anything satisfactory. JUST MONEY.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

great environment excllent food great service loved the new branch at Park gate Rotherham went for a birthday celabration staff were great came out singing. Good food menu good offers

Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

I have never been so dissatisfied in my whole life with a food chain. It was my first time there and I shall never return. Ever aspect was disgusting. The food was terrible, are main was out before are starter and it stayed in are view for 25 minutes while we eat the starters. Both of which were of terrible quality! They finally brought over the main which had been sat on the counter in full view of the whole restaurant for nearly 30minutes. If it had been served fresh it probably wouldn't have been uneatable. The child meal we bought didn't come with what it stated and we had to ask for what was requested, causing more irritation and then when we came to pay we realised we had been wrongly advised over the included children's meal drink which resulted in us having to pay extra. Iv never been so disgusted, the whole experience was terrible.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Had the set three course menu, both me and husband enjoyed it, also has cheap but tasty childrens menu. Service good but gets very busy and kitchen seems to get food out a bit slow. All in all value for money but can't compare to more upmarket Italians.