“All you can eat & good value”

Chaobaby Meadowhall
Ranked #93 of 1,482 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Description: ChaoBaby brings a true taste of Thailand to Meadowhall. A vibrant, fun banquet, aimed to replicate the hustle and bustle of a Bangkok street market. Ideal for celebrating, families or simple, convenient dining in Yorkshire's premier shopping centre.
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We have been here several times. Its a good place to try Thai food at reasonable prices (approx. £14pp all you can eat).
This place always seems busy yet I have never had to wait for a table.
There is plenty of variety and something for everyone.The deserts are included as well.
Worth a visit if you're looking to try Thai food.

Chaobaby_Meadowhall, General Manager at Chaobaby Meadowhall, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have wanted to try out the new Thai restaurant since it opened in the Meadowhall centre. My husband and I visited last Sunday only to be closed at 7pm and we wouldn't have time to relax and try all the delicious looking food. So we called back on the Friday evening and the place was so busy we did experience about 15 minutes of waiting time, often a sign of a good eating establishment. We were given a table in the annexe part between a Malaysian family and a Thai couple, (another good sign), we were recommended to try the chicken soup which came with huge chunks of meat and crispy noodles on the top. Delicious. One of the most flavoursome soups I have ever eaten. The salads were sharp and tangy some hotter than others and the main meals offered choices of different meats and veggie options with either noodles or choice of 2 rice. Deserts were on the weaker side, a rather rubbery coconut milk jelly, banana pieces dipped in syrup pieces of melon and orange. Ice cream was available at a supplement which I feel is a big mistake and should be included in the price. Cocktails were on a buy one get one free offer, but being the designated driver I savoured my meal and enjoyed a flower tea which arrived in a tall glass with a grey grizzled piece of vegetation in the bottom of the glass and it was amazing to watch as it opened into a large white and orange flower.
Service was swift and friendly and a glass of water was brought when asked for , plates were cleared quickly and the venue was kept clean and tidy.
Service charge was not included and we certainly felt gratuities were required
Worth a visit if you are in the area.

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Lunch time visit on a busy Meadowhall weekday, restaurant 30% occupied.
Attracted by the good looking display of food and superior seating compared to the other restaurants in Meadowhall.
Service was cracking, pricing seemed fair.
The Thai soups (two on offer) were absolutely out of this world, should have eaten them all day, lets face it, that's what Thai food is famous for and I've been to Thailand so I speak from experience.
The rest of the food on offer was so, so.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Monday to Wednesday on voucher cloud, 2 for 20 quid including drinks. A good offer, usually it costs a lot to get a drink at an all you can eat so we were quids in. The food is very good. The chicken soup was exceptional. Had it twice in one sitting, the second time there was no chicken in it but that didn't matter, it's a buffet, I simply added my own from the yellow chicken curry. The missus loved the food and we both left feeling proper full, it still hurts now.
Had walked passed and not fancied eating there when it was really busy but when it's quiet the place is a gem.

Chaobaby_Meadowhall, General Manager at Chaobaby Meadowhall, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thanks for your feedback, I'm pleased you felt the offer was great value. We'll see you again I hope....

Reviewed March 27, 2013

The soups are amazing. Probably the best I've ever eaten. Really not a bad price for an all you can eat buffet. Delicious!

1  Thank CakeyStu
Chaobaby_Meadowhall, General Manager at Chaobaby Meadowhall, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Hi there, and thanks for such great feedback. Great customer service is very important to us, so it's great to get a really positive response.
See you again,