“Could be great!”

Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Could be great!”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Sometimes the food is delicious but then again they can easily mess it up if you get the wrong front staff serving you, be sure you insist on the meal cooked to your spec, because you will most certainly know more about the cuisine than the waitress! I dont have high expectations of the meadowhall rice whenever I go there and that's when I enjoy it the most. Watch out for the staff having another sip of their drink behind the bar, even after they have spotted that you are waiting to be seated!

• Visited May 2012

sheffield
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“nice fresh good value food”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I was in Meadowhall today and after a days shopping I decided to go eat in the oasis food area. they had an offer on "starter & main for £7.99" and as there mains are normally £8.99 it was very cheep, the waiter that welcomed me at the door was very polite and made me feel quite welcome and the food was quite amazing in flavour (I had the Nasi Goreng) and my partner had salt and pepper chicken. i will definitely be returning the next time I visit Meadowhall

1 Thank greg h
Sherburn in Elmet, United Kingdom
“Awful food and terrible service”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

After having read the menu (and being a lover of thai and malaysian food) I thought this restaurant seemed like an interesting option and I'm always open to new things. However, I really wish I had instead gone to Wagamama or Tampopo.

The restaurant is run seemingly by a group of school children who don't know the first thing about service, and we were left standing for over 5 minutes at the entrance wondering whether we should seat ourselves (in the end I had to go and seek someone out). We should have guessed things would not turn out well when a couple opposite us got up and left without waiting for their food to arrive and most of the other customers did not look very happy. The food was poorly presented (I had the noodles and duck) and can only describe it as looking like a bowl of dog food with noodles. My partner had the worst pad thai of her life (bland with no sweetness/saltiness/heat as per a thai dish) and my sister had a fish kebab which was overdone. All in all, the food was extremely poorly presented and had the quality a 1960's school cafeteria. The only enjoyable experience of my visit was when I visited the toilets and a women and her daughter asked me if the food was good and I said absolutely not, and when I got back to my table I saw them leaving!

3 Thank Papergirl2006
Glossop,Derbyshire
“Slow, Slow Service”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

First impressions were good with nice fresh decor and inviting menu. Greeted reasonably quickly and menu explained well enough but took ages for our order to be taken and we then had to wait over 20 minutes for our drinks to arrive (a coke and a beer, hardly a tricky order!). In fact our food arrived before the drinks. The hawker style platter was good but nothing special but at £9.99 each for three different dishes it was good value. It was pretty obvious that the staff were totally unable to cope with the number of customers and there was a constant stream of complaints evident (mostly about the slow service although at least one table sent food back as it was cold).
Overall not a good experience and wouldn't return in a hurry

1 Thank paulpnd
Sheffield
“Lovely decor, shame about everything else”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

It was a promising start, the decor looked really good, the menu looked exciting and the food was halal. We were seated quickly and my kids were very excited by the rice tables.

We ordered a meat platter to share and a duck noodle from the kids menu. The food and drink took a while to arrive. Our meat platter included chicken, steak and lamb chops, presentation was quite poor with everything the same colour and the taste was nothing special. The platter costed £22.00 poor value considering the quality. A bowl of rice came with it, not really enough for 2 adults to share.

My child's duck noodle had hardly any duck pieces in it, again everything was the same browny colour, it seemed like they got carried away with the soya sauce, making it a bit too salty for a child's meal.

We did see other tables with food looking a lot more appealing than what we ordered, it's a taster combination with three different dishes. If we do go back we will order that next time, but to be honest I don't think it will be any time soon.

• Visited April 2012