“Great theatre to see the actors up close at”
Review of Crucible Theatre

Crucible Theatre
Ranked #3 of 167 things to do in Sheffield
Sheffield, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great theatre to see the actors up close at”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I've been over 20 times in the last 10 years. The stage is surrounded by seating on 3 sides so you really feel close to the action. It also attracts big names. Best I've seen was Richard III with Kenneth Branagh back in 2002, but also saw Othello in 2012 with Clarke Peters and Dominic West from 'The Wire'!

My favourite venue for plays I think.

Incidentally, the pub/restaurant Crucible Corner next door is pretty good for pre play meals.

Visited November 2012

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Theatre in the round”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

If you have never watched a production using theatre in the round then I would recommend a trip to The Crucible. The productions have to be staged very differently than in traditional theatres and this adds an amazing extra dimension. The view from all seats is also very clear and the actors feel very close. Productions staged here tend to be of extremely high quality. I have just watched My Fair Lady, which was outstanding and the staging breathtaking. If you have mobility issues it will be necessary to specify at the time of booking as nearly all seats require a descent of steps to access them.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“My Fair Lady”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This show is on until the 26th January and it was two hours 55 minutes of 5 star entertainment. The singing and acting could not be faulted...it made us both laugh and cry..well worth the £30 ticket price

Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“My fair lady”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Watched My Fair Lady last night. Excellent production in excellent theatre. Packed house but no problem waiting or getting drinks either before or in the interval.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“My Fair Lady”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We went to see this brilliant show - my son Louis Maskell was in it!

Didn't enjoy the long queue to the laides though