Hillsborough Hotel
Novotel Sheffield Centre(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
$69
Leopold Hotel(Sheffield)
$112
$58
  • Restaurant
Hampton By Hilton Sheffield(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
$79
Priceline
Halifax Hall(Sheffield)
$79
$76
All reviewstram routeselection of beerslocal brewscamra good beer guidecity centrebed and breakfastfull english breakfastmain roadpub foodcooked breakfastrooms are cleansunday lunchconvenient locationnight staybrilliant stayenjoyed our stayaccommodation
Reviewed December 5, 2010

Stopped for a funciton elsewhere in sheffield.. from the outside looks like a generic pub. Inside warm friendly people and cracking homecooked food.

Rooms are basic and clean.. but only need somewhere to keep a bag and have a sleep!

owners son even gave us a lift when our taxi didnt show!!

would definitely stop here again

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2010

The rooms have not changed, basic and simple but still fine and cheap even if prices have gone up. The range of beer is improving all the time, and the quality of it too. I sampled most of the real ales on offer, and slept soundly afterwards!
The most noticeable improvement since my last visit in 2008 was the food. It's much nicer than before, and breakfast was brilliant. Everyone working there is also fantastic, don't forget this is a pub after all and they are doing a lot more than what would be expected, in my view doing it really well too. Some of the reviews indicate that people were disappointed, but this is not a luxury hotel, nor a fancy boutique one, it's a lovely pub that was packed up with locals looking to enjoy themselves, offering cracking beers from £2.20 to £2.50 a pint, and if you want a quiet cosy night then look elsewhere. This is fun, great value and run by real people not robots. And it's very close to the tram line that goes all the way to the city centre, what more could you ask for?

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2010

Had a large family event recently and as we were a bit packed (and noisy!) at my house my Mum and Gran decided to stay here overnight on two of the nights and they really loved it.

I visited them there and the rooms were relatively basic but clean and nicely decorated, they enjoyed the food and they thought the staff were fantastic. In fact they're threatening to stay with them next time they visit instead of with me!! (Cheer Hillsborough Hotel, result! Now I won't get told of for having grubby taps, poly cotton sheets and pillows that make me nan's hair go static).

They liked it and believe me these ladies are fussy, so if they liked it, well, it must be good.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 23, 2010

This place is cheap, but not overly cheerful. It is really a pub with rooms. The welcome was OK, but the lad (owner's son, I think) is only 20, and doesn't really get the job yet, I think. Beer from the micro-brewery is great. The room was very basic. Carpet not really clean, inadequate bed covers, bed hard, but not firm, radiator not on enough to heat the room.TV too highfor me to reach to turn on, so i had to climb on a chair. Health and safety!? Door lock didn't work, nor did the shaving light. Breakfast: I had poached eggs on toast which was dry - no butter at all, though the eggs were well cooked. Good coffee. I had paid in adviance by card, and no reciept was offered. I could have asked, but didn'yt need one, so I don't know if one would have been provided-- I expect so. This could be a great place, but misses the mark as their heart doesn't seem to be in it somehow.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed January 12, 2010

My boss booked this hotel for us to have our annual meeting. This nice bar with a tremendous range of local ales was ideal. We reserved the conservatory for our event and was pleasantly suprised by the hospitality and the free real chips. Breakfast was great and freshly cooked and plentiful and just what we needed after a night sampling the range on the bar. Rooms are large and well planned. Really enjoyed our stay and hope to visit next year with friends for a weekend.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business