“Good cakes with excellent service.”
Review of Patisserie Valerie

Patisserie Valerie
Ranked #14 of 23 Dessert in Sheffield
Cuisines: Belgian, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
England
“Good cakes with excellent service.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had the tart au framboise which was average, I have tasted superior versions from little patisseries in Paris (and a lower price). My husband had the chocolate gateau which was very good.

The service was excellent (it was before lunchtime so perhaps that was why we were served promptly?).

Overall a very good experience and I would repeat it.

• Visited April 2013

Sheffield
“What a disappointment!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I decided to take my Mum here for a late lunch after a wonderful day at the Spa. We got there and found a table. It took over 15 minutes to.be served where we ordered food and drink. It took 20 mins to get our drinks and a further 40mins for food. Mum had ordered a tuna nicoise and I the tuna cheese melt. Mine was okay but at c.£8 it was a rip off. The tuna nicoise though was foul: potatoes were cold and from a tin and the tuna wasn't fresh. It cost around £10 for this. All in all, a complete disappointment and downturn from a brilliant day. Needless to say, will never go back. Slow service, overpriced and terrible quality.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom
“Overpriced and disappointing”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Cakes looked amazing in the window which is what drew us in. Decided we were ready for a coffee too so sat down inside. To be honest, I was expecting the interior to be a little bit better. Cheap chairs and tables more greasy spoon than french patisserie. I had a mixed berry tart, my husband had carrot cake. The tart was basically pastry and cream with fruit round the outside....pleasant enough but not really what I was expecting. And my husband "has had better cake". Total bill for 2 coffees and two cakes was just short of £15. Not really VFM. Not likely to go to one of these again.

• Visited February 2013
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“Disappointing cakes”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Some friends advised us to try this out as ww love french patisserie, particularly fruit tarts. The tarts did not have proper creme patissiere and tasted no better than a supermarket bought version. The service was pleasant and polite.

Visited October 2012
thorney,p'boro
“ummmm”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Very busy, very overpriced for a very nice but very big pastry - so big had to leave half - such a waste! Not a lot of space between tables, Ignored when we first entered, admittedly they were busy but they could of said ' we will be with you as soon as we can' Do not think a re-visit will be on the cards!

Visited February 2013