“top turkish food”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We live in Sheffield and this Turkish food and service was excellent.
It is good to go to an establishment where the staff care about your dining experience.
Certainly go back.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I’ll admit that I went to Efes on new Year’s Eve with high expectations. A restaurant rated in the top twenty in a city the size of Sheffield should be an quality experience anyway, but the reviews on trip advisor spoke of superb food, exemplary service and so on. I genuinely expected to be hugely impressed by the place. I perhaps should have been slightly wary when they fitted in our New Year’s Eve booking without question, and without even confirming how many people it was for!

And maybe all of that expectation is what negatively offset my final impression of the evening. What I got out of it was a reasonable meal, with a decent level of service but certainly nothing spectacular. A starter of kalamari that had that strange, overly smooth feel of those that are less than particularly prepared to order, served with a Marie rose sauce was possibly not the most convincing dish, while my partner’s dish of Ezme was apparently more tasty. And had I been more aware of the seafood sauce prior to ordering my main, I probably wouldn’t have chosen the fish kebabs as my main – this too came with more of the pink stuff but had an equally odd serving of some sort of lemony salad cream (and yes, I do mean salad cream rather than mayonnaise). Again, my partner’s vegetable skewers, served with halloumi and a tomato sauce, seemed to be more of a success.

Wine choices were limited but relatively cheap but I found it slightly odd to have a mineral water handed to me in a small plastic screw-cap bottle that did nothing to disguise the fact it’d been picked up at a cash and carry. Either stock large bottles (glass ones, preferably) or serve it in a jug/glass. It’s rather like ordering coke and having someone bring you a can – it just feel wrong for a restaurant.

Difficult to rate the place higher than average in all honesty.

1  Thank Sionel
Reviewed December 27, 2013

we went for our works Christmas do here. The staff are very friendly and provided us with excellent service and lovely food at great value, We have been for our christmas meal twice now and will be going back again. Highly recommend, keep up the good work.

1  Thank Melvin07
Reviewed December 23, 2013

A huge gang of us went into the restaurant for some late night munching and they were more than accommodating. Despite having so many people and being so messy in organising, the staff were patient and got all our orders right. I was surprised at how large the portions were, everyone was picking at each others' plate because the food was superbly delicious. They also had a very wide variety of choice pickings of meat and vegetarian dishes alike. I would come all the way here for the friendly service and fantastic food. My meal which I could not finish was less than 10 pounds with a drink to go with it.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Came here with friends on a visit to Sheffield and found good food and excellent service, what more can I say?! Highly recommended