“Best Meal in Meadowhall”
Review of Harvester

Harvester
Ranked #329 of 1,440 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Harvester Meadowhall in Sheffield food is fresh, full of flavour and just how you like it. Choose your tasty grill, sauce and side at our restaurant and we'll get cooking - while you head off to the famous Harvester salad bar to grab as much crisp, freshly prepared tasty salad as you like.If you're looking for a family friendly restaurant in Sheffield, there's nowhere more popular than Harvester. Close to Rotherham, Shiregreen and Brinsworth, our restaurant is a great choice for anyone who loves tasty grills, indulgent desserts and eating out in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Plus we've loads of choices for young guests.
Nottingham
“Best Meal in Meadowhall”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Having had quite a traumatic sales shopping experience in meadowhall my wife and I decided to stop in the food court for something to eat. Having eating in harvesters before we knew we could trust to get a good meal with the little money left in the account after all the shopping...

Needless to say we were bowled over by the exceptional service and quickness on the food.

Having eaten at meadowhall before in various options the value of Harvester is excellent compared to Tgi's and frankie's where you get the same stuff... Plus the salad bar on top.

We got seated quickly and after a friendly introduction and taking of order we went to fill up on free salad. Salad looked fresh and vibrant although was not overly keen on one of the seasonal options of carrot and pineapple but the rest was great. one of the chefs was just filling up the bread rolls at the time so we managed to get nice hot ones which the wife especially enjoys.

It must have only been 7/8mins till we got our food which was brilliant. I had the Full rack ribs recommended by the waitor my wife had the chicken breast . the sauce options were fantastic which again were recommended to us.

The waitor done several unintrusive check backs and we even got checked on by the manager.

for desserts we had the mint aero sundae to share which was definately big enough and definately a new favourite.

overall quick, Hot food, fab salad bar and brilliant service in a very busy location. Well Done Harvester we'll definately be back!

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“value for money”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Good value for money a great place to visit when in Meadowhall center staff were helpful and very knowledgeable a great meal was enjoyed by all.

Chester, United Kingdom
“Poor service and cold food”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We thought we would have breakfast at the Harvester in Meadowhall as we had a lovely meal at the Harvester at Valley Centretainment the night before. Big mistake! The service was slow even though it wasn't busy, we waited 10 minutes for our drinks to arrive and another 20 minutes for the breakfast to arrive and when it did it was lukewarm. We didn't bother sending it back as we had waited to long for it to arrive in the first place so we ate it anyway. The food was tasty but as it was only lukewarm it spoiled it really. I did complain a few times during the meal but the staff weren't too interested. I wouldn't go back to this particular Harvester, although if I hadn't had such good service and food in the previous Harvester this experience may have lost them custom for ever.

Wellingborough, United Kingdom
“shopping”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

this place is great .great food good prices friendly staff who like to help if you have a problem.easy to get to in side oasis in centre

Visited December 2012
1 Thank paul h
Sheffield
“Veggie Chicken, Out of stock, wrong meal served urgh!”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Was taken here tonight by my parents whilst visiting in Sheffield and I was VERY disappointed! Firstly, the menu outside said the garlic mushrooms and chicken stack was veggie friendly. This made me quite excited as it sounded like a good veggie meal, nopes.....when I went in and asked the waiter he told me there was a miss print on the menu and it wasn't veggie chicken! He did however recommend the butter nut squash! I thought all was going to be fine and went to order this, only to be told they had actually ran out of it (this was about 6pm on a Friday night?). Failing the first 2 options I went for the veggie burger, asking for it without tomato salsa.....I waited.....Hurray! That was available..... With excitement on it arriving at the table the horror hit, it had came with tomato salsa on.....even though the waiter had wrote down on my order it was to be served without it! So....another 4 minutes later my 3rd choice twice cooked meal arrived :(

I wouldn't have minded so much if it had of being worth the wait but really it was nothing more than less than average. My jacket potato was hard and just not nice at all, my burger was just the average burger I could have got cheaper in Spoons! Thinking back, I should have complained about the meal, but I was fed up and pretty much past caring!

All in all the only good thing about my trip there was the free salad! It's pretty safe to say I most definitely won't be eating there again! :(

1 Thank Sugarbabenl