“"Heaven on Earth"”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 20, 2012

After many years of dining out at various Indian restaurants we were pointed towards the Bay of Bengal by friends. Since that day we have not even considered trying another restaurant when we want Indian cuisine.
The restaurant itself is very comfortable and really clean and tidy, tables always nicely laid out and welcoming. As for the menu, I really don't know where to start. There is an excellent range of dishes ranging from the standard fare to more adventurous special dishes. I have tried many of them and I can honestly say that I have enjoyed every single one of them, all have been freshly prepared, generous portions and all taste superb. The onion Bhaji's, Peshwari nan and keema paratha are worthy of special note as all have no equal in my opinion.
Finally I have to mention the staff, all are friendly, helpful and attentive. Nothing seems too much trouble and I think that is one of the reasons I have been and will continue to return whenever the opportunity arises.

Try it, you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Peter C

Reviewed November 17, 2012

This place is brilliant!

I've now been twice and on both occasions the food was brilliant. Great presentation and better than that very tasty food with a good variety of dishes.excellent service!

The reasonable prices made me go back, and I will again, as the staff are friendly.

2  Thank malas81
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We tried the bay of Bengal on recommendation and we were not disappointed. We were greeted at the door by friendly, but professional staff who carried that on throughout our visit. The menu was varied with dishes I've never seen in an Indian restaurant before and the food was tasty with individual favours. We will definitely return.

2  Thank calvia1007
Reviewed November 12, 2012

the best thing that could have happened to the old harrow: turn it into an indian restaurant.
this place is clean, friendly staff and the food is excellent.

1  Thank hans p
Reviewed November 10, 2012

First visit following recommendation by friends.
The restaurant was easy to find with a large well lit car park. Both the decor and reception we received as we entered were very welcoming.
The staff could'nt have been more helpful and attentive.
Excellent varied menu and plenty to choose from. The menu was set out well and offered a range of fish,lamb,chicken dishes aswell as a good vegetarian choice.

This is a classy restaurant, clean and modern.Reasonably priced and good quality.
Our food arrived on a trolley so we were all served at the same time.
Good food and ambience.
We would recommend and will definately go there again.

1  Thank 11Carol11