“Never going back again”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Never going back again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

I was quite excited when Rib Shack opened at Valley centertainment , I used to love going to the old Boardwalk restaurant, but was very disappointed with our visit. Place was half empty - never a good sign especially on a Saturday- and very cold. Waitresses did their best but I don't think it helped that the manager was sat watching them all night and complaining - doesn't he trust his staff to get on with their work! We were sat by the kitchen and I could even hear him swearing at the chefs - surprised he has got any staff left if he treats them like that. In fact I think the attitude of managment had a knock on effect on the waitresses as they all looked miserable. Food was disappointing too with small portions and took ages to arrive. Definitely won't be going here again!

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank busylizzie61
Steve P, Owner at Rib Shack, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
I have read your comments on my Restaurant and iam really sorry you did not enjoy your visit
With this in mind i would like to invite you and a guest to dine with us again to the value of £50.00
I am really disappionted that you were unhappy with your visit and hope that this gesture is by some way of changing your mind about my Restaurants
If you wish to take up my offer please let me know by e-mailing me on steve'digtherib.com
or calling me on 07943826385
Thanks
Steve Palmer-Smith

Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Dissapointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

Yes starters were great..Then it went downhill,Small ribs and abit tough for me and my son.Alittle fatty too,Potatoe skins looked like they were out of a packet from a well known frozen store!!.Very well done to the point of crisps.Sent it back to find they slid the skins off the plate and replaced them with slightly better ones.Slaw in plastic tubs on your plate!! REALLY!!!. NOT to be repeated for my family.

• Visited December 2011
Sheffield, UK
“Sticky and delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

At last a reasonable place to get stick sauce over your fingers an face!

Situated in Meadowhall on the upper floor at the entrance to the Oasis. Nice selection of tasty barbecue meat. Reasonably priced. Good service.

Especially liked the sweet potato fries as a alternative to the usual fries?

• Visited November 2011
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
“Very Good, nice atmosphere, friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2011

The kids said it was the best ribs they'd ever had.............................what more can I say about it really ! Nice surroundings with good service and with 10drinks ,6 meals and 2 puddings it came in at about £100 which I didn't think was too bad.

• Visited December 2011
London
“Left before ordering it was that bad!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

We had booked a table for a Saturday evening. Shouldn't have bothered though as the staff still had to make a table for 6 when we got there so they obviously can't manage table bookings in an empty restaurant.

As we sat down we were asked by the waitress if we had a voucher, which we didn't so we were passed menus. After sitting for a few minutes deciding what to order another member of staff came to tell us there were NO RIBS OR STEAKS AVAILABLE!

We left as a Rib Shack with no ribs is a special place!

• Visited October 2011