“Sticky and delicious”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 22, 2011

At last a reasonable place to get stick sauce over your fingers an face!

Situated in Meadowhall on the upper floor at the entrance to the Oasis. Nice selection of tasty barbecue meat. Reasonably priced. Good service.

Especially liked the sweet potato fries as a alternative to the usual fries?

Reviewed December 7, 2011

The kids said it was the best ribs they'd ever had.............................what more can I say about it really ! Nice surroundings with good service and with 10drinks ,6 meals and 2 puddings it came in at about £100 which I didn't think was too bad.

Reviewed December 4, 2011

We had booked a table for a Saturday evening. Shouldn't have bothered though as the staff still had to make a table for 6 when we got there so they obviously can't manage table bookings in an empty restaurant.

As we sat down we were asked by the waitress if we had a voucher, which we didn't so we were passed menus. After sitting for a few minutes deciding what to order another member of staff came to tell us there were NO RIBS OR STEAKS AVAILABLE!

We left as a Rib Shack with no ribs is a special place!

1  Thank psgregory
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I visited late afternoon with friends. We were given a warm welcome and had excellent attention. drinks were offered and served quickly. The waitress was happy to serve us with iced water (free of charge) alongside our wine and beer. Background music was relevant to he American style dining and the decor (showing Monument Valley) was interesting. the tables, decor and all facilities were spotless.
Starters were excellent (almost a meal in themselves).
My main course of chicken was lovely-beautifully cooked and full of flavour! This was very good value -husbands mixed grill was not as good value-it was rather dry and came without any salad or veg. friends had steaks which they complimented. The sweet potato chips were lovely. staff were attentive but not intrusive-and just as pleasant when the restaurant began to fill up by 6 pm
We did not have sweets but left feeling full and happy to visit again.

Reviewed November 14, 2011

I don't know what happened when those other reviewers went, but my partner and I have just had a lovely meal. It isn't exactly fine dining but it's precisely what you'd expect from somewhere called Rib Shack - big slabs of meat (mainly ribs, funnily enough) covered in tasty barbecue sauce. We went with a Groupon voucher and the two courses offered with it were more than enough for our "healthy" appetites. My partner had small chicken wings to start - about 10, cooked in a lovely barbecue glaze with a pot of barbecue sauce and a nice blue cheese dressingy-sauce. I had pulled pork nachos which were a bit of a guilty pleasure - loads of pulled pork with plenty of barbecue sauce and that terrible bright orange American cheese melted on top. I happen to like it once in a while but if you don't I'd recommend asking for it without; it's a bit difficult to pick around it.
We both had barbecue ribs for mains, mine with a hickory glaze, my partner's with a Jack Daniels glaze, which were both great and just fell off the bone. My sweet potato fries were lovely, our slaw was ok but nothing to write home about and my boyfriend's "loaded jacket" side was an entire jacket potato with sour cream and bacon. It was nice but not exactly necessary. He presumed loaded jacket actually just meant potato skins, which would have been plenty.
Unsurprisingly we didn't have room for dessert after that so I can't comment on it. The service was great, everyone was friendly and helpful and we weren't left waiting for anything. The downstairs part of the restaurant was about half full so they've got a way to go yet, but the atmosphere was buzzy enough for a Monday evening. It seems like they're working really hard to please their customers and undo the bad reviews they've been getting, and I wish them the best of luck. They have a few good special offers on throughout the week and I'll probably go back to try them out for informal meals with friends. It is slightly on the pricey side for a junky food place (especially in stingy Sheffield) but the huge portions and special offers make it pretty good value. Overall it's a nice, relaxed place and I'd go again.
By the way, it's closed on Sundays for some reason. No idea about other opening hours; they seem to be a closely guarded secret.