“Best in Sheffield”

Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My family and I have been regular patrons of the Viraaj Restaurant since it opened and the Dil Shad previously when owned by the same management.
Nothing is too much trouble, all the staff are extremely friendly and helpful and Sufi, the owner has even brought in decaff coffee for me!
The food is always excellent - we have never had a bad meal there and I could recommend it to everyone looking for a good, friendly restaurant. Long may it reign!
Sue T.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Last weekend we celebrated my husband's 60th birthday party. With over 60 guests and a small house (and also it's winter so that's the garden out of bounds!) we wanted somewhere which would appeal to everyone from ages 1-87. We chose the Viraaj. We booked out the whole restaurant for a lunchtime party and had a fabulous time. The food was excellent, the surroundings modern and stylish and the service impeccable. All our friends and family commented on how lovely the food was and what a lovely place the Viraaj is.

It was a hug success. Thank you to all the staff for making our day.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

went in with a couple of my girlfriends on a ladies night out and believe me we was not disappointed, very polite and helpful staff and the food was absoloutely amazing but could have been better especially the ''prawn puree'' delicious

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Took my family here recently - the mixed tandoori was excellent , we also had a very spicy Sylheti Labra dish (chicken, lamb and tiger prawns in spicy garlic sauce) and the sag aloo was fabulous.The onion bhaji in the mixed kebab starter were arguably the highlight amongst this glittering array of yumminess. Not bad value too !!

Reviewed November 29, 2012

We called Viraaj on the spur of the moment whilst we were out for a few drinks for my dads birthday the other Sunday night. When we arrived we were met by extremely friendly and accommodating staff who had dressed the table with balloons despite us having called to book only 15mins earlier!! The food was superb and reasonably priced too. After eating our mains we couldn't believe it when they brought out cake complete with birthday decorations and a drink for each of us - all on the house! The effort that they went to at such short notice was nothing short of amazing and topped my dads birthday off perfectly. Highly recommended!!