“Best Indian Restaurant in Sheffield by far”
Review of Viraaj Restaurant

Viraaj Restaurant
Ranked #101 of 1,440 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Best Indian Restaurant in Sheffield by far”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We first went to this restaurant when it opened over a year ago and had an absolutely fantastic meal. Since that first time we have been many many times, and have never had a bad meal. We recommend this restaurant to friends and colleagues, who are all impressed and many have become regulars. The staff are friendly, but not in a bothersome way and the food is consistently brilliant. We took some friends about 6 months ago, one of whom didn't like Indian cuisine very much, and she thought it was fantastic and now asks when we are going again. My husband likes his curry hot, but with flavour, and this is what you get here, although he does request extra chillies even on the 3 chilli dishes. I've tried just about every dish on the menu, even the 3 chilli ones and just asked them to scale down the heat a touch and they are more than happy to accomodate. The pickle tray is not to be missed and the carrot puree is something I've never seen in any other indian restaurants and is very moreish. Give it a try, I doubt very much you will be disappointed. Also, it is reasonably priced, which means we go about once a month (sometimes more). I like the decor too, and the fact that you have plenty of room at your table for all your dishes - but you will need to book on Saturday nights as it gets very full.

• Visited March 2012

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Lovely ambience and super food at a great price.”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

We tried this restaurant for the first time last week because our usual one was fully booked. Parking outside was easy and once inside we were delighted with the service and attention given to us by the waiters. It was a very relaxed atmosphere with plenty of room between the tables and the decor was up beat for an Indian place. The food came promptly after ordering and the taste and quality was nicer than our usual place. A very nice experience. We will definately make the Viraaj our new haunt.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great food, very clean...”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I've been twice now and enjoyed it both times. The place is very nice and has a great atmosphere, the cleanliness and layout of the entire restaurant is great. I had chicken jalfrezi (my normal Indian dish) and it was really nice. I would recommend this place to any curry lover!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Consistently Excellent Jndian Restaurant”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

We always look forward to visiting Viraaj. A warm and friendly welcome for everyone at a well appointed restaurant creates a good atmosphere from the moment you arrive. Most importantly, the food is of an exceptionally high quality with dishes to suite all tastes. From the interesting and tasty pickle tray (try the carrot puree) to the main meals, some not often found on a typical Indian Restaurant menu. The menu is very informative with the degree of ‘hotness’ for all dishes easy to follow with the ‘chilli code’. However, if you prefer it milder or hotter it isn’t a problem. Put all this together and you can be sure of a great evening.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank John D
Yorkshire
“Delicious fresh taste and ingredients !!”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I would recommend this restaurant as the food was delicious,and freshly cooked. I had onion bargees which were crisp ,and not greasy ! My lamb and daal dish was rich and yummy, and i tried some saag paneer ,very fresh and not watery like some i have had elsewhere. The naan bread too was light warm , crisp on the outside yet moist, with lots of garlic and coriander ,and again freshly cooked . I will be back ,and have recommended it to my friends !! Plus the staff are v friendly ,and the also have decaff coffee if you want it !

• Visited February 2012