“overcharging”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Popolo - CLOSED

Popolo
Cuisines: Italian, American, Steakhouse, Bar, Grill, Pub
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Popolo Bar is a relaxed cocktail bar, with a large range of products from craft bottled beers, extensive spirit list, draught beer and cider, to a large wine selection. The Grill House is our restaurant concept upstairs serving a great range of food from burgers to blackened salmon. We also have a wide range of vegetarian options to cater for everyone's needs.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“overcharging”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

great cocktail selection ,got some barrell aged cocktails, nice vibe, beware of overcharging and false apologies and some staff are just rude

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank george e

Springfield, Missouri
“I"ll be back.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

The bar staff and waiter were super kind and helpful. I just landed in the UK, was tired, wanted a good dinner, and this was it. They recommended one of three dishes to try, and I picked the Prosciutto e uovo half pizza with a field greens salad and a pint of lager, which was on happy hour special, making my meal less than 10 pounds. The meal was perfect, the service even better. The outdoor patio was crowded, but I found an open booth because this was the perfect ambiance for my first night in Sheffield.

• Visited August 2013
sheffield
“Great outdoor area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Went in on my lunch break. Was sat outside in one of the big booths. Fantastic outdoor area. Sun was shining & nice and warm.
I had a pint & a pizza. Pizza was a good size with a nice base. Not too crispy, not too soft. Toppings were decent quality. I'm not sure of its italian name but it was ham & mushroom.
Good diner style vibe inside. Nice and busy, even in the daytime.
Definitely going again.

• Visited July 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Mixed feelings”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

The bar/restaurant it's self is very nice, with a great atmosphere and generally nice clientele, also reasonably priced but some of the staff seem to have an attitude problem (ironically the one pictured in the photos on here) which often means its a while before I want to revisit.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Ryan B
“As good as ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Ate here last Saturday evening for my birthday and it was as good as ever. I hadn't been in a couple of years for no reason other than other commitments and living further away now but it was good to go back. The staff are friendly, polite and very efficient; there wasn't a lot of staff but they were running the restaurant with ease. Food was stunning. I had chargrilled asparagus with poached egg to start, of which flavours were lovely. For mains there was only one portion or mussels left, which I begrudgingly let my other half have, but I got to try a couple. Done in a spicy tomato sauce they were divine. I had the polenta and vegetables cakes which was a nice change from the usual Italian dishes. We were too full for dessert but finished off with another drink and weren't made to feel hurried.
I'll be back sooner next time, thanks for a wonderful birthday meal.

Visited August 2013