“Great outdoor area”
Review of Popolo - CLOSED

Popolo
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Popolo Bar is a relaxed cocktail bar, with a large range of products from craft bottled beers, extensive spirit list, draught beer and cider, to a large wine selection. The Grill House is our restaurant concept upstairs serving a great range of food from burgers to blackened salmon. We also have a wide range of vegetarian options to cater for everyone's needs.
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Went in on my lunch break. Was sat outside in one of the big booths. Fantastic outdoor area. Sun was shining & nice and warm.
I had a pint & a pizza. Pizza was a good size with a nice base. Not too crispy, not too soft. Toppings were decent quality. I'm not sure of its italian name but it was ham & mushroom.
Good diner style vibe inside. Nice and busy, even in the daytime.
Definitely going again.

There are newer reviews for Popolo

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

The bar/restaurant it's self is very nice, with a great atmosphere and generally nice clientele, also reasonably priced but some of the staff seem to have an attitude problem (ironically the one pictured in the photos on here) which often means its a while before I want to revisit.

1  Thank Ryan B
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Ate here last Saturday evening for my birthday and it was as good as ever. I hadn't been in a couple of years for no reason other than other commitments and living further away now but it was good to go back. The staff are friendly, polite and very efficient; there wasn't a lot of staff but they were running the restaurant with ease. Food was stunning. I had chargrilled asparagus with poached egg to start, of which flavours were lovely. For mains there was only one portion or mussels left, which I begrudgingly let my other half have, but I got to try a couple. Done in a spicy tomato sauce they were divine. I had the polenta and vegetables cakes which was a nice change from the usual Italian dishes. We were too full for dessert but finished off with another drink and weren't made to feel hurried.
I'll be back sooner next time, thanks for a wonderful birthday meal.

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Very tasty, good size portions, rather tucked away, worth a visit. Better value than other Italians in Sheffield.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Was staying at the Leopold and the hotel recommended this place. Very good cocktails, Good menu and modest prices.