“Fab food and drink!”

Ranked #325 of 1,463 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We love great food & innovative cocktails. We throw in some fine ales & some great beers from around the world & serve it up in a friendly atmosphere.
“Fab food and drink!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Ate here twice when staying in Sheffield in March this year. Was lunch time both visits - sandwich (pork, black pudding and apple for me, partner had venison sausage) with hand cut chips fabulous and reasonably priced. Good menu. Always busy. Drinks also reasonably priced. Seems to be popular and always busy. Staff friendly and welcoming.

• Visited March 2014

“David absinthe master”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Food was amazing. I'm more of man of heartier portions but thoroughly enjoyed my Sunday dinner. Finished with an absinthe pudding. Absolute treat!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Has feedback really been given to chef about the burgers?”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Read TA reviews so paid this place a visit yesterday. Couple of previous reviewers commented on quality of burger meat and response was from Management that feedback would be given to chef. Don't think this feedback has been acted upon as I had a burger and agreed with previous reviewers. Have had far superior burgers elsewhere. Tasted processed. Wasn't asked how I wanted it cooked either. Definitely nothing special considering all the great reviews of this place.

Also asked for cheese and bacon on it. Cheddar was either tasteless or there wasn't enough of it - and no bacon appeared. Think the waitress was having a bad day as when the bill came we hadn't been charged for one of the 2 meals (we told them). Also - stingy mayo and ketchup portions.

Friendly service and my partner enjoyed his sausages sandwich but when we come back to Sheffield, it won't be here I'm afraid.

• Visited June 2014
HayleyMcP, General Manager at The Wick At Both Ends, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Hi Louise,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review and let us know that our food wasn't up to it's usual high standards.

I'm very sorry to hear about the Burgers weren't up to scratch. Feedback was given to the chefs, as it was after we read your post and we have addressed the issues with the meat. We have taken your comments on board and agree 100%, so much so that we are making our burgers by hand from now on.

If you would like I can book you a table and show you with the improvements we have made?

Please drop me an email at Hayley@theharley.co.uk to go ahead.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks again

Hayley
The Wick at Both Ends
Sihanoukville, Cambodia
“The Wick Knows How To Party!!!”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I eat fairly regularly at the wick and im always amazed how this little pub on west street can produce such good quality food. Last week the wick launched there new cocktail menu, After asking the waiter Dave when the launch was and he replied the wick had a week long party planned we decided this was something not to miss. We went on the lua how night to find a ukelele band in full swing the bar had been decorated and the staff looked great in the hawaiin shirts. We started off with a couple of seven hills a favourite from there old menu before switching too a jamaican porter and a thai bride these cocktails were perfectly balanced and beautifully garnished. I would recommend this place too anyone and will be back this week for another great experience.

1 Thank timtim24
“The French Aristocrat I Wish I Was”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Absinthe! Never have I been to a place which delivered such a wonderful absinthe menu. Unfortunately I made the mistake of coming with my mother on her birthday before we went to the theatre, so I was fundamentally banned from trying any. The soup, which I was allowed near, was very good, considering I'm not normally a fan of broccoli and stilton. Ma had the veggie sunday roast, and was permanently delighted by it. More focused on the drinks than the food, which is not a shame; they're decent at both.
Also the wonderful staff, we had a staggeringly competent waitress (peachy dress with butterflies, brown hair, eyeliner. Points to her.) and the bar staff were all delightful.