Tripadvisor
Sheffield
All reviews ponds forge train station q park car park room was clean short stay discount voucher central location minute walk shower gel would stay again reception area travel lodge wi fi stayed here for one night great shower town centre
Selected filters
Reviewed November 27, 2019

Don't normally dip into the budget end of hotels but was just an overnighter and was in the right place just by the train station. The room was larger than I expected and was exceptionally clean. A great shower in a pod-like bathroom. Everything was functional and the bed was very, very comfortable (mattress was sponge so a first for me).

Found the communal iron and ironing board which was good quality.

Had a pint in the bar just before bed which was great.

And the breakfast was amazing. Top quality spread of food across cereals, full English, toast, croissant, teas, coffees and juice.

Shout out to the staff who were all lovely and very helpful.

Room tip: Add breakfast!! Great value
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Diane B, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2019

We're really grateful to you for your very kind detailed review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay and my team and I hope that we can welcome you back on a future visit to Sheffield. I'm really appreciative of your kind comments in respect of our team members.

Reviewed November 21, 2019

Stayed here for 1 night with my son as we were attending the Liam Gallagher concert. Upon arrival we were greeted by a friendly receptionist who made us feel very welcome. The room itself was immaculate, and the beds very comfortable. I’m not an interior designer but the decor was also very warm and inviting. . The hotel is 5 minutes walk from the railway station and right besides a convenient tram stop so getting out and about is easy. When we returned from the concert we were welcomed by very friendly night staff and enjoyed a great atmosphere in the bar. Breakfast was great and set us up for the day for our journey home.
If I ever return to Sheffield I would definitely stay here again as the standard of accommodation was excellent, the staff very friendly. Well done Ibis Sheffield. We hope to see you again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Diane B, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2019

We're most grateful to you for posting your very kind and detailed review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your visit and really appreciate your kind comments in respect of our team members. We do hope that we can welcome you back if you visit Sheffield again in the future.

Reviewed November 19, 2019

This stay was for my 3 monthly visit to Sheffield for a voluntary society meeting. As before I enjoyed my stay at this Ibis, but it w as my first 3 night stay because I wished to do some travelling around. The hotel has a youthful atmosphere, which I enjoy, even though I was much older than many of the other guests.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

My team and I are most grateful that you chose to stay with us once again. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your visit and we really appreciate your very kind comments. We look forward to welcoming you again during your next visit to the City.

Reviewed November 7, 2019

Stayed here during a short visit to Sheffield. Greeted by friendly staff, our room was clean with a decent shower room. The bed was large and comfortable. Due to the time of our arrival, we opted to eat at the hotel which had a reasonable choice of food on the menu - and was laso very convenient. Breakfast was buffet style, again with a reasonable choice, the only downside being was how to work out the coffee machine! Would stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2019
Diane B, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2019

My team and I are most grateful for your kind review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed October 29, 2019 via mobile

I usually stay at the Travelodge which is literally next door. However, I decided to stay here for a change. I stayed in room 207 which was really cold when I got it. I couldn’t find any radiator in the room so I put this machine on which is on the top of the door. It sounds as a lorry breaking so I couldn’t sleep but I was cold if I turned it off - a bit of a dilema there...

The bed was really hard but I found the room cleaner than the Travelodge... It’s a shame about the cold room as I couldn’t sleep very well. I think next time. I will be back at the Travelodge. Sorry guys but you need a good temperature room and new bed...

Staff very polite and room and other areas very clean...

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Diane B, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2019

Thank you for posting your comments. I'm sorry that the heater unit was noisy and the room temperature was uncomfortable for you. Additionally i'm sorry that our quite recent bed upgrades was not to your liking . Our staff are available 24 hours to address issues but you don't indicate if you requested assistance. I'm very sorry that we didn't fully meet your expectations.