“Swimming Weekend”

Ibis Sheffield City
Ranked #24 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I have stayed at the ibis a few times now. Although a late check out on the website is available. the 3 times I have requested this I have been told no.
in fact on this last occasion was told the hotel was full but when enquired if I could book for an extra night there was rooms available. I do not appreciate being lied to and also having the inconvenience of having to leave by 12 noon. Because of meetings this made things dufficult. I appreciate yout site states if available but this never seems to be the case. I was prepared to pay for tge latr checkout.
I would like to say that all ithrr aspects of the hotel are above averafe, but sadly being lied yo by memvers staff have ruinef the posite review of this hitel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Diane B, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Many thanks for your feedback and i'm sorry that you were disappointed with your experience of Ibis Sheffield City Centre. As discussed with you, late check outs are subject to availability and not normally available on Saturdays, especially to late afternoon, as, given, most weekends we have several groups and individuals attending various events and functions and invariably arrive much earlier than the 2pm check in time. In respect of room availablity this can change on a minute by minute basis, subject to the type of bookings that are made for a given date. I'm pleased that we were able to offer you an extended check out on your last visit .
I do hope that we can welcome you back to Ibis Sheffield City Centre in the future.
derby
Reviewed April 13, 2014

This is probably the nicest ibis I've stayed in. Good location only 10 min walk to bus & train station, and around a 10 min walk to the bars etc.

only cost £50 for a double room to for a Saturday night.

Can't comment on breakfast as we didn't stay for any.

I'd defiantly stay again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
We're very grateful that you could take the time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our location was ideal for you visit.
I hope that we can welcome you back to Ibis Sheffield City Centre in the future.
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Great central location, easy to find, very clean and comfortable hotel.
I particularly liked the seating area in the room, a small thing perhaps, but a lot of hotels just give you the one hard chair, not exactly comfortable or useful for 2 or more people.
The bathroom 'pod' was fab, spacious and clean, plenty of elbow room in the shower cubicle!
I only really have two complaints; It was a little noisy due to the main roads and tram line nearby. The windows worked well at cutting that out, but not good for fresh air fiends like myself, I felt a little suffocated during the night but couldn't have slept with window open. Second complaint? No biscuits to go with my coffee, I thought that was pretty standard these days and one freebie I always appreciate and enjoy whenever away on a trip!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
My team and I very much appreciate your review and glad that you found our location ideal for your visit, however we're sorry that we did not fully meet your expections but hope that we can welcome you back to ibis Sheffield City Centre in the future.
Almoradi, Spain
Reviewed April 6, 2014

The Ibis Sheffield City is quietly located near Park Square and close to city centre shops and within a 5 minute walk from the bus interchange and about 8/9 minutes from the train station.
As usual, I was on a fairly tight budget, but was pleasantly surprised by the affordable rate shown for this hotel.
The check-in was friendly and efficient and I requested the optional good value English buffet breakfast offer as I knew from previous visits that this would sustain me for the rest of the following day.
Rooms at the hotel are en suit, quite spacious, clean, quiet and have nice comfortable beds that guarantee a good night's sleep. There is also multi-channel TV, tea/coffee making facilities and Wi-Fi available, although I did not use the latter.
There are bars and restaurants fairly close to the hotel, but you can also get snacks, meals and drinks in the hotel until quite late.
Both breakfast and check-out staff were friendly and helpful and so I would have no hesitation in recommending the Ibis Sheffield City to others as it offered very good value, comfort and friendly helpful staff.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Diane B, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us again and for another very generous review, my team and I really do appreciate your kind comments and looking forward to welcoming you again to ibis Sheffield City Centre in the future.
Berkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2014

As a regular at Ibis hotels I knew that the check in would be fast and efficient plus we were allocated a room suitable for disabilities at my request. The room was clean & spacious but here is the big warning :- the floor of the shower when wet is lethal and I did a full dive onto the floor and bruised a very delicate part of the sitting down equipment. There is a very small notice in the shower that bathmats are available but I would suggest these should be mandatory in the disabled rooms. Hotel good but showers deadly !!.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. My team and I appreciate your review and I take your comments in respect of the shower very seriously. We do hope that we can welcome you back to Ibis Sheffield City Centre in the future.