“Friendly service and great location”

Ibis Sheffield City
Ranked #24 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Friendly service and great location”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I was travelling to Sheffield for a poker tournament in the Genting Casino in Sheffield, hoping to find somewhere close to the Train Station and the casino and the Ibis didn't disappoint, about a 5 minute walk from the station, even with my baggage didn't cause much strain and just a 5 minute walk from the casino and the city centre there was no need for money to be spent on any further travel.

24 hour reception was a bonus as I didn't get in until after 10pm, The gentleman on reception was more than happy to help me find somewhere to get food and didn't push me to use the restaurant, although I did later during my stay and it was great quality at a reasonable price.

If I had anything that could have been better i did find the room very warm, although I prefer to be cool at night unlike alot of people,

I would certainly recommend the Ibis in Sheffield to anyone. The staff were always happy to help and speed of check in and check out was very good.

1 Thank GMcNeill
Diane B, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
We're very grateful that you could take the time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you had a successful tournament.
We hope that we can welcome you back to Ibis Sheffield City Centre in the future.
Diane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Nottingham
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Hotel Ibis is excellent value for money when you can get a room for £38.00. My boyfriend and I stay here several times a year as we are up in Sheffield frequently!

POSITIVES:
Excellent location to train station and centre of Sheffield
Comfy beds
Clean rooms
Powerful showers in the quirky pod bathrooms
Friendly staff on reception
Check out is at 12pm (lie in!)
etc etc etc

NEGATIVES
None!

Room Tip: Book your stay early to make the most of the good rates as saturday night prices can easily hit the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm delighted that you had an enjoyable time with us at Ibis Sheffield City Centre and my team and I really appreciate your review. Thank you for staying with us and hope that we can welcome you back when you next visit Sheffield.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Budget hotels can sometimes be a bit hit and miss, even with the lower expectations. However, this hotel met mine suprisingly well. The rooms, although modestly furnished had the benefit of newly designed beds & bedding (see info in the room). The bed was king size and very comfortable, slightly firm, just how I like it, but not at all lumpy. The shower was larger than average with a clever pod-style design. Cleanliness and maintenance of the rooms were very good.

The check in/out was efficient and friendly and the lady who served me treated me as a person, rather than reading out a script as so often happens in hotels nowadays.

I didn't have a meal or drink here this time, but may consider on future visits. The bar/dining area is quite tastefully decorated and cosy looking, which I wasn't expecting from a hotel of this type.

It is worth noting that soundproofing is well above average (I stayed on a Thursday for 1 night) - the walls and floor are quite thick and solid and so had a peaceful nights sleep. The nearby tram line was of no concern. The back of the hotel faces a brick wall, but this was not an issue for a stay of this type.

Would be happy to recommend this hotel - don't bother with its nearby competitor - the Ibis is cheaper and better!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back which is quieter and on the 6th floor if possible. My room was 603
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Diane B, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
My team and I very much appreciate your detailed and positive review and we're glad that you found our new beds comfy. We hope that we can welcome you back to ibis Sheffield City Centre in the future.
Genoa, Italy
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The title says it all - only slight down side was the food, but this is normal in any UK hotel we at this price level, if there is food at all so it is not specific to Accor group.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

My team and I very much appreciate your kind words and we hope that we can welcome you back to ibis Sheffield City Centre in the future.
Brighton
Reviewed May 16, 2013

An excellent budget style hotel where the only difference to a so called four star hotel 100m away was that it was half the price ! Staff very helpful & even found an extra room after a granddaughter got stranded by an uncaring rail network.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you so much for your kind review, we're delighted that you had an enjoyable time with us at Ibis Sheffield City Centre and pleased that were we able to assist your granddaughter.
We hope that we can welcome you back in the future.
Pontefract, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights, rooms were clean and bed was comfy. The location is great as its hardly any walking in to town or the train station.

Im not very fussy but if i was gunna be picky i think the tv could do with more channels as it barely had any channels, the bathroom sometines had a little smell to ir but not much of a issue for us.

Overall i would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you very much for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback, our staff are available 24 hours to address any concerns that you may have during your stay. My team and I hope that we can welcome you back to Ibis Sheffield City Centre on your next visit to Sheffield.
wakefield
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Hotel was lovely, very comfortable beds, excellent showers, overall a very enjoyable stay. The only problem i had was i left my jacket in the wardrobe and although it was not an extremely expensive jacket (£70) i was still disappointed i had left it, so i rang the hotel and when they got back to me after speaking to the domestic ladies they told me it was not there. I know 100% i left it in the wardrobe but it seems it just disappeared all by itself.... and for that reason i would not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends