“IBIS SHEFFIELD CITY”

Ibis Sheffield City
Ranked #24 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Very clean and security concious hotel. Friendly staff. Good breakfast. Ten minute walk from Sheffield station, Three minutes to Fitzalan Square tram stop. Hotel on edge of run-down area, felt safe at night. Sometimes traffic noise was a problem. From my room I could see the but not hear the trams. I would use the hotel again.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Diane B, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. My team and I appreciate your kind words and glad that you enjoyed your visit. We're pleased that you found our improved security procedeures reassuring and we hope that we can welcome you back to Ibis Sheffield City Centre in the future.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

This hotel is clean, modern and really well located for the station and the city centre. It is quite basic but good value, especially compared to the neighbouring Travellodge which is now quite grotty.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

We're very grateful that you could take the time and leave us your thoughts and write a review. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that we can welcome you back to Ibis Sheffield City Centre in the future.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I had a very pleasant stay at the IBIS Hotel in Sheffield, which is a really nice place to visit all sorts of interesting museums etc. People are exceptionally warm & friendly. All in all a nice little trip.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review. My team and I appreciate your feedback very much and we look forward to welcoming you back to Ibis Sheffield City Centre when you next visit the Steel City.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

After a series of terrible hotels throughout England, this was finally one that I dont regret paying for. The room was spacious and very clean. They also had these new beds, very comfortable. I slept like a baby.
I also had an offer, I paid 82 £ for three nights - which is, I would say, a good price for this hotel.
You have to walk up to the hill to go to the city centre, but overall the position is very good and you are basically within the greater city centre.
Only problem I had was with internet. I was using the orange wifi (9.90 £ for 24 hours) and it often went on and off. It was kind of annoying.
Overall, I can only recommend this hotel. I was very satisfied.

Room Tip: I dont remember the numbers exactly, but there are rooms on one side, with a good view, and the room...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Many thanks for posting your positive comments on here, we're pleased that you enjoyed your stay here at Ibis Sheffield City Centre and we're especially delighted that you liked our new beds. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sheffield in the future.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stayed here last night and really enjoyed it. An easy walk to the City Centre and Castle Square tram is only 5 minutes away. All the staff looked so smart, very helpful and friendly. Room was spotlessly clean and just loved that bathroom pod, I must get one at home. Excellent value at around £45 midweek including cooked breakfast and will definitely stay again on next visit.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

I'm very grateful that you could take the time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. My team and I appreciate your kind words and we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at Ibis Sheffield City Centre and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We booked two rooms for my Hen Party. There is a car park just opposite the hotel but we did not use it on this occasion. The rooms were £52 per night, so it worked out £26 per person. When we arrived we could booked a breakfast for £5 per person, this is cheaper than the rate online. A special mention to those on reception, they were efficent and very friendly.

The hotel is close the the city centre. You can either walk or get a taxi, which was £4 to division street.

The rooms are typical Ibis and you get a twin or double bed in the room, tv, kettle with tea/ coffee etc. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Would I return? Yes it is an ideal base if you are going out with friends in Sheffield.

I cannot comment in the breakfast, as I chose not to have one but two of my friends did and they were more than impressed. They really liked the chocolate muffins!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Diane B, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

I'm delighted that you had an enjoyable time with us at Ibis Sheffield City Centre, my team and I are so grateful for your lovely comments and delighted that your friends liked the muffins!!!
May we wish you a lovely Wedding day and happy future and we hope that we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Staff were lovely, room was clean felt it was good value for money.
The area itself is a bit sketch, but as we were just there for an overnight stay it wasn't an issue.

Did feel the drinks were a bit on the expensive side £15 for 2 glasses of wine and a JD and coke. 3£ more than the same round at a posh bar on Eccleshall rd.

Not in a hurry to visit Sheffield again, but if needs must, I'd be happy staying here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review. My team and I appreciate all feedback very much and we look forward to welcoming you back to Ibis Sheffield City Centre when you do visit Sheffield in the future.