Ibis Sheffield City
$99
$93
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Mosborough Hall Hotel(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
$79
Travelocity
$78
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsponds forgetrain stationq parkcar parkshort staydiscount vouchercentral locationbrick wallminute walkcomfy bedshower roomwould stay againwithin easy walking distancewhat it says on the tinreception areagreat showersecure parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My Bf & I stayed here for 1 night in December to see Pulp at the Motorpoint Arena. It was within easy walking distance of the main train station. Friendly staff on the front desk and the security on the late shift when we got home. Clean, standard room as to be expected from Ibis/Novotel. No frills but was not expecting more than the facilities to make a cuppa which is all we needed. Cheap taxi ride to the 'main street' for clubs etc. The bar next door is a must see if only for the craic. Will be returning for another weekend in March to see another band.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Diane B, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

I'm so glad that you had an enjoyable time with us at Ibis Sheffield City Centre, my team and I are very grateful for your positive comments and we look forward to your return visit in March.
We're pleased that you found the local entertaining !!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

The hotel room and service was of a very good standard and I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting decent reasonably priced accommodation in Sheffield City Centre. The quality of the bed and shower were particularly noteworthy as was the quietness of the room.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Diane B, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

I'm very grateful that you could take the time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at Ibis Sheffield City Centre and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for a concert. Near to all public transport and the staff were fantastic. You can walk into town to do a but of shopping. Will definitely stay here again. I just wish Jarvis had been staying here too!

• Stayed: December 2012
Diane B, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2012

I'm so pleased that you had an enjoyable time with us at Ibis Sheffield City Centre, my team and I are so grateful for your positive comments and we hope that we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

All was pretty good, only niggle was they put us in a twin room when I'd specifically asked for a double, but they rectified this quickly. If you make a booking online you'd be advised to contact the hotel to clarify your room booking as apparently this only confirms a room for two people.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Diane B, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Many thanks for posting your positive comments on here, we're pleased that you enjoyed your stay here at Ibis Sheffield City Centre and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Sheffield.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed here just for one night on 7th December with my son in his early 20's.The Hotel is approx 10 min walk from the train station & 2 min walk into the city centre.We were greeted by friendly staff & dealt with quickly.I had requested a Twin Room & thats what we got.The room was very clean & we had a private Bathroom with walk in shower.There was a tiny Bar of soap & shower gel in the shower but no other toiletries.We didnt watch t.v so cant comment on that but there was a hair dryer in the wardrobe.Room service was expensive but we only looked at the menu £4.30 for a Tuna Sandwhich & 10.95 for a curry.There was tea & coffee in the room & a thermostat in the room to alter the heating.I did not sleep very well but that was nothing to do with the bed being uncomfortable or cold it was because the hotel is near a busy main road so had sirens going off gone midnight then the trams rumbling by early saturday morning.We didnt have Breakfast but they were charging £7.50 per person a day for that.It was only a small dining area which was in the reception area. I would go back if i go to sheffield again.I booked this hotel through Booking .com & only paid £29 for 2 of us for the night.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank aliceNorthants

Many thanks for your positive comments. We appreciate all feedback very much and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Ibis Sheffield City Centre in the future.