“Great way to spend an afternoon”

The Nichols Building; Vintage, Retro, Salvage, Art & Antiques
Ranked #66 of 179 things to do in Sheffield
More attraction details
Owner description: A beautiful new Antiques, Art & Craft centre, with a wide range of dealers and artists selling local and handmade items including vintage clothing, retro home accessories, antique furniture, pottery, sculpture, artwork, photography, jewellery, books and much more. We have a beautiful cafe opening in July serving tea, coffee, cupcakes and many other goodies, parking available outside the building, open 6 days a week, closed Mondays.Check us out on Vimeo by Russell Cavanagh: The Nichols Building
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Visited for the first time on Saturday and loved it! Friendly staff, nicely laid out and lots of bargains to be had. A great mix of new retro style pieces and vintage finds. I'll definitely be back!

1  Thank dennisDerbyshire
"shop"
in 3 reviews
"loads"

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Upon climbing the numerous stairs we were greeted by an awful smell that was so overpowering we nearly headed back down but we persevered, we walked round for at least half an hour looking at mostly junk with a few odd exceptions that were sadly highly over priced.

I presumed the owners were sisters due to the bickering we could here as we ambled around but was a little put off by the foul language of the younger one.

we didn't end up buying anything but went in the cafe after finding a chair that didn't feel like it was going to collapse, we ordered a sandwich and a coffee each, the sandwich was lovely sadly the coffee was less than mediocre.

My advice go the Birds Yard in Leeds,

3  Thank kris m
lou070879, Owner at The Nichols Building; Vintage, Retro, Salvage, Art & Antiques, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Please do not spread lies on a professional business page.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

I visited this place for the first time last month and was inspired by all the retro gear and arts and crafts items available. I visited it again a month later June 2012 to find many of the displays changed with new work and crafts which really keeps you interested. The only thing I would say is dont be put off by the exterior of the building , although from the outside it doesnt shout Arts & crafts you will be impressed when you enter the top floor , oh and the cafe is great too!

1  Thank Doddi D
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I Visit this centre every month (give or take a few weeks) and I always find it to be simply the best place in the vale of Yorkshire for homespun collectables and homely nick nacks - we are always greeted with toothy grins and sweet words from the workers there and that makes me very happy. I always buy and leave yearning for more ! Purchase this month? A candle which I cannot wait to light. Simply magical :)

4  Thank CaptainCucumbers
See more reviews
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I'm writing this as I felt I had a amazing time with me and my son aged 3 months and my daughter aged 14. We went to a weekly even called baby bricks held there especially for us young mums and I had a fabulous time . Baby was well looked after my the girl there and I had a chance to have a good old natter with other mums there - there were at least 20 other young mums there it was a great afternoon eating fresh cream cakes while chatting about how the baby's were changing our lives. I have made some lifelong friends there I think :) young mothers should stick together and baby bricks is the place to do it - while we were chatting together my daughter had lots of fun in the antiques centre trying on hats and earrings - she lived and loved it :) can't wait for next week ! :)

Travelers who viewed The Nichols Building; Vintage, Retro, Salvage, Art & Antiques also viewed

Sheffield, South Yorkshire

Been to The Nichols Building; Vintage, Retro, Salvage, Art & Antiques? Share your experiences!