“Much improved since my last visit!”
Review of The Stag's Head

The Stag's Head
Ranked #300 of 1,483 Restaurants in Sheffield
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Last time we went I was disappointed with pretty much every aspect of the pub but I was surprised how much nicer everything was this time.

Between us we had the burger, a steak pie, a sandwich and a kids pasta. The burger was great and generous. The pie was very dry and definately needed to additional gravy poured over it. The sandwich was rather average-poor quality ham but brilliant chips! Kids menu was tasty and was hoovered up by my son.

The play area had been tarted up and my son loved it.

There's a great range of soft drinks as well as great beers.

The barman was great-really friendly and helpful.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Having bought a house round the corner it's taken me some time to actually get to The Stag, but I'm glad I finally got round to it. Fish and Chips Friday a particular winner, with a really good meal deal the whole family enjoyed. Terrific beer from Thornbridge Brewery. It does get busy though, so not always easy to find a table. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Tim R
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Popped in here for a drink one evening. There was a great choice of drinks, and an excellent menu comprising of sandwiches, starters and mains. The desserts were displayed on a blackboard and seem to change day-to-day. I had fish and chips and my husband had gammon. Both of us enjoyed them immensely.
The pub is nice and clean, and has a play-area outside.
The members of staff were very pleasant and helpful, and it was really nice to find somewhere that people of any age could go- people from 18-80 were there and it wasn't awkward for anybody.

2  Thank LibsDibs
Reviewed January 28, 2013

As the stag is within walking distance of our house we decided to have Sunday lunch there with some friends.Thornbridge have done a tremendous job of renovating the pub and it's playground.The staff are friendly and efficient and the choice of drinks is varied and reasonably priced.We felt very welcome with our young children,this is a very child friendly environment.The kids had the three course children's menu and it was great value at £5.Our friends had pies and they were very good as were the home made chips.my partner and I had the roast beef and sadly wished we hadn't,at nearly ten pounds we weren't expecting a tortured piece of meat,almost raw cabbage and potatoes that were more boiled than roasted.I have had better "roasts" at a nearby carvery for half the price.Such a shame as everything else about the experience was so positive.We will definitely return but I think we may order one of the pies next time.

1  Thank michael j
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Great selection of local ales, which the staff were happy to advise upon
We also ate there and the food was of a very good standard and very affordable
All in all a pub that I would recommend to friends

1  Thank Steve F