“Fantastic rooms nice view of river”

Holiday Inn Express Sheffield City Centre
Ranked #14 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Fantastic rooms nice view of river”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

stayed here twice now... last time was the 6th August room 1401. Nice Hotel bright cklean and pleasant staff. Small isue with the fire alarm which woke me up early in the morning but problem was sorted quickly. Rooms are very nice.. nice TV, nice work desk, nice little sofa. Fantastic shower. I would recomend and I will stay again.

Room Tip: Get a High floor room facing the river
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Hermann B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheffield City Centre, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Martin,

Thank you very much for the positive feedback and please accept my sincere apologies for the fire alarm setting off early morning.

The river view rooms do add a special touch to the stay and we try our very best to accommodate all requests when available.

Our team looks forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Korean first
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed for only one night and arrived mid evening, we were welcomed by the lady on reception like long standing returning guests, which we were not. Check in was quick and easy and we were allocated room 1707 on the 7th floor. The bed was huge (8 feet wide) and the choice of soft or firm pillows was a nice touch, the room was beautifully modern with plug sockets in the correct places, like beside the mirror for the hair dryer. Excellent....no complaints from my good lady. The bathroom was beautifully designed with soft blue ambient lighting if the white lights were to harsh. Shower (I should have taken the photo before I used it) was large and was hot with good power and flow. A good nights sleep was had, and when I asked reception if I could keep the room on until 12.30, this was not a problem. Breakfast which was included was hot, and tasty but there was no bacon. My only complaint was having to pay for parking, although £5 isn't too expensive. If visiting Sheffield again, we would use it again.

Room Tip: No complaints about rooms on floor 7
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear David,

Many thanks for taking the time to submit your feedback.

I thank you for the positive feedback and shall pass on the compliments to our team. The only reason we do not serve bacon at breakfast is due to a set standard by our parent company-IHG. With regards to the cost of parking, we are probably the only city centre hotel to offer a lower rate which you have highlighted as appropriate. However, I am glad to note that you had a good stay at the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed two nights at this hotel while our son was in hospital receiving treatment. We were looking for a base that was good value and bed that would fit a 6 footer (A lot do not!!). The room was large, clean and I slept very well. I had no problems parking there was plenty of space and it gave the impression of being safe and secure. We did not eat or drink at the hotel apart from breakfast on one morning. The cooked option was very limited but the rest was fine. The hotel is sited just up the road from the city centre and the area is a bit run down, however it never felt unsafe. As a base in Sheffield that is good value it would be hard to beat.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hermann B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheffield City Centre, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Mike P
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We were really pleased to read that you liked the hotel, its location and facilities and we will certainly pass on your kind comments to the staff.
We do hope that we can welcome you back at some point in the future and that you son makes a full recovery. Kind regards. Hermann Beck
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed one night whilst in Sheffield for a friends wedding. The hotel is new and of the new Holiday Inn Express design format. Room was very clean and quiet. Parking in high demand wit more guests with cars than spaces available. Breakfast usual HI Express fare although I didn't feel the tables/buffet area were as clean as they should have been!
Unfortunately that is where what could have been a very positive review ends.
Service was very disappointing compared to previous experiences at other IHG hotels. I am a member of IHG Rewards, upon check in I did not have my card so asked the staff member who booked me in if he could locate and add to my reservation. He did not know how to but advised me to try again at checkout. Same story at checkout only now my mobile number was taken in case of any problems with a promise the points would be added. Role on a month and a response to an email chaser I sent, now tells me the rate is ineligible for points! Fair enough but why not tell me that in the first place!!! Loyalty obviously means very little these days......

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Hermann B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheffield City Centre, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Toblerone92
Thank you very much for you review. We were pleased to read that on the whole you had enjoyed your stay and found the room you were allocated clean and quiet. We have noted your comments regarding parking and although our car park is not huge, guests are welcome to park at our sister hotel right next door which has an additional 240 spaces. We are also very sorry that the receptionist was not able to assist you at the time of your visit that your rate was ineligible for points and you had to follow this up with us. Our hotel manager has now undertaken further training with the reception team so they are all aware of this information and I would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention. We do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel at some point in the future when I can assure you of our best attention at all times. Best wishes
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed for 1 Night in September.

The Hotel is a modern building not far from the centre of Sheffield.

I was met with a warm welcome from the receptionist who had already sorted out an upgrade of room (I'm a platinum member of the loyalty programme). The room was spacious and immaculately clean. i really appreciated the fantastic large shower in the bathroom.

Enjoyed the breakfast - quite a selection.

Good value for money.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Hermann B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheffield City Centre, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear guest,

Many thanks for your kind comments and I hope that you stay with us again soon
Kandivali, India
Reviewed September 13, 2013

we had good stay for 4 nights in holiday inn express , we had come to see off my child and settled him in university of sheffield and as well as in his accomodation in rockingham house. holiday inn express is perfect room and clean surrounding with polite staff and nice foods .

Room Tip: all rooms are sunny and higher floors are better quiet
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hermann B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheffield City Centre, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your positive review, we hope to see you again soon when you come back to visit your child

Thanks
UK
Reviewed September 13, 2013

The hotel is what you would expect from a Holiday Inn Express, in that it is clean and well presented.

I was up for business and found the hotel easily from the motorway. The most confussing thing is the parking. The signage on the car park does not indicate that if you are paying in the hotel you do not need to pay and display.

The hotel room was very comfortable and up to the standards I would expect.

The biggest let down in the hotel is the breakfast. Whilst I understand it is to a set formula within the group, it was not up to the quality I would have expected in that food such as scrambled eggs were indeible

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your good comments regarding your stay with us.

You are correct in saying that there is a set formula for the breakfast, however I am sorry that you did not feel the quality was as expected and it is something that we are continuously working on to improve for our guests.

We appreciate you comments and hope that this does not deter you from staying at the hotel again any time soon.

Many thanks