“Great budget hotel.”

Holiday Inn Express Sheffield City Centre
Ranked #13 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Good location, just a few minutes walk from the centre (25 minute walk from the University).
Very clean, modern room and bathroom. Buffet breakfast could have been better if fried eggs and bacon on offer as well as the scrambled egg and sausages.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Hermann B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheffield City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Many thanks for your great feedback

Our free breakfast we offer all of our guests is a continental breakfast and we are governed to provide only 3 hot options of sausage, scrambled eggs and beans, however we do have a sister hotel called the Holiday Inn Royal Victoria who do offer full English breakfasts for an additional cost of £12.50, so this maybe a possible option for your next stay in Sheffield to either upgrade to the hotel for your full stay or even upgrade to just have breakfast at this hotel.

If you require any further information then please do not hesitate to contact the hotel

Many thanks

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed here for three nights a fortnight ago and was so impressed I'm here again now for another three nights. (26th, 27th and 28th Feb).

The welcome on arrival is warm, friendly and nothing seems too much. The staff can't seem to do enough! Great facilities on the ground floor! Evening meals of good quality! Breakfast the usual HI fare but perfectly adequate. Oh and the ice machine is a nice touch.

First stay was on the 1st floor (1111) and this stay on the 6th (1607). It does seem quieter at night the higher up you are.

The rooms are identical, really big, very clean, massive double power shower and all the facilities you could wish for. I really can't fault it! Oh and a really nice touch are the power sockets next to the bed, a feature often not found in other chains.

If I could have one wish it would be to be able to transfer my Best Western loyalty points over to Priority Club points as I've really no intention of leaving HI for business trips.

Next week I'm in the HI Express in Victoria London. Fingers crossed its half as decent as Sheffield City Centre! Thanks guys!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Hermann B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheffield City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind feedback and we hope to see you again soon, enjoy your time in London!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed on a Saturday night and hotel was probably full. No problem finding hotel or parking. Friendly reception staff. Modern hotel. Very comfortable room on top (7th?) floor - bigger than some HiE rooms I have stayed in. Quiet location but only 5 min walk to City Centre and tram stop. Usual HiE breakfast, perfectly adequate, included in room price. Quite busy but friendly staff cleared tables and "topped up" regularly. Enjoyable stay.
Recommended and would/will stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank winerunner52

Dear guest, Thank you very much for your kind feedback we are glad that you had an enjoyable stay

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of Sheffield city centre venues such as the Crucible, Lyceum Theatre, O2, etc. There is parking (payable) on sight. The hotel staff are welcoming, and the complimentary breakfast is better than most 'express' arrangements. Rooms are good - we were upgraded to a king size on the 7th floor, extremely well laid out, with good shower rooms.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LooeMan

Thank you for your kind feedback. Although, the breakfast product range is prescribed by the Holiday Inn Express brand, we do continually evaluate the quality and presentation of the products on offer and I am pleased that you have enjoyed your breakfast with us. Furthermore, I am delighted that you appreciated your bed room and shower. We trust that we can welcome you back at our hotel when you are next in the area.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stay here regularly when in Sheffield City Centre (only a couple of minutes walk away). The hotel is no-frills as such and hence works out economically as well as convenient (and no less convenitent than other hotels, despite what you might beleive from looking at maps).
The reception staff are friendly and always happy to help.
The real strength of this hotel is however the housekeeping staff - you may not see them, but they do a great job. The rooms are immaculately clean - always. And for me that is so important and rare to find this these days - some hotels of a higher rating could learn a few things about cleanliness from this hotel.
Rooms are adequately furnished and beds comfortable. Nothing is going to give you a feeling of luxury as such, but, everything is functional and as I say, the most important thing is just how clean and well maintained all of the rooms are.
Breakfast is basic but adequate and DIY. Only suggestions I can make is:
please sort out the toast machines which never seem to toast properly - you get warm bread or carbon, never toast;
make it clear if the breakfast area is self clear or not (I'm always confused by this).

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank aubrey G
Reviewed February 19, 2013

One night stay in the hotel was fantastic, I was not really expecing much with it being an express but the rooms are very modern and clean, the bed was HUGE!! bathroom very well set out. I found the breakfast good, again for an express what do you expect? parking at £8 for 24 hours i think is reasonable. overall will use the hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased that you had a great stay. I will pass your feedback on to our housekeeping team, who I know will be happy to hear their work is appreciated. Please rest assured that we will also look into setting the toasters to improve the quality of the toast. We hope to see you again soon at the hotel. Regarding the breakfast area, it is indeed self clear, however, we are always happy to assist our guest.

Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 2 nights as it was my boyfriend's 21st birthday. I am a diabetic and after waking at 4AM with an episode of low blood sugar, i headed down to the reception to see if i could purchase something from the little snack shop they have. When i got down there i discovered it was closed however I explained to the man on reception that I was diabetic and i needed something sugary urgently. The staff member rudely replied 'I can't open it, but the Tesco petrol station will be open'. Now for him to suggest to an 18 year old girl that they should walk down to the tesco petrol station at 4AM in the morning, in an area which is considered rough, is disgusting and he wasn't to know I had my boyfriend with me. After truding down to the local tesco we both returned to find 2 drunken girls, purchasing something from the little snack shop. After they had done this and paid, the receptionist pulled down the blind . on the shop. I feel highly let down, and treated unfairly. I also feel my condition was not taken seriously enough and the service i recieved was quite frankly disgusting and dispicable. Some could argue it would be my own fault for not having anything to treat the low blood spell, but, this shouldn't have happened regardless. HIGHLY DISSAPOINTED !!!

• Stayed: February 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheffield City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear megsyrose,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am glad that our location and room accommodations worked suitable for your needs. However, I am deeply sorry for the issues you experienced with the staff. I have taken note of your comments and these will be relayed to them so that they can continuously improve on their efforts.

Again, thank you for your comments and we take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Pam G.