“No worth it.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Italian Kitchen

The Italian Kitchen
Ranked #128 of 1,417 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“No worth it.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Very disappointing. Rude manager and staff. Terrible service for coupon users. Food is also bad. Cheap taste. Won't visit again.

3 Thank Giannapk

“Excellent meal and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great family meal. Feels like we were in Italy and the food was excellent. Lovely cosy atmosphere too.

• Visited May 2013
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
“excellent no reason to complain at all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

went courtesy of a groupon value and excellent value it was
can write the review now I have finished laughing at reviewer complaining that a pizza containing anchovies and capers was salty..er just what does one expect....anchovies and capers are just that !!..bit like complaining that a scotch bonnet pepper is hot ?
I actually had that same pizza, found it to be excellent...a few capers were in a clump so used my initiative and spread them out a bit more so the taste wasn't concentrated just in one place..The toppng was generous, had I found it too salty would have simply just removed a few of the anchovies, makes a nice change to have a generous pizza topping in a restaurant
The pizza base was perfect unlike some shop bought bases that some restaurants use.
Friends pizza was also good as well
No problem with the side salad... it wasn't big but the clue is in the name SIDE salad..very fresh, nice assortment of salad items, but as we aren't pie munchers anything bigger would have spolt our appetite for the pizza.
staff were all pleasant and friendly, but we are always pleasant and friendly to staff so never seem to have any problems, service was prompt yet not hurried
Great food and a very enjoyable exprience

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Disappointed - boring and”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We bought a Groupon for two at £14, sounds like a bargain? A nice treat for a Midweek meal...

The maitre d' treated us rather dismissively once we announced we had a voucher. The wiatress was friendly & efficient throughout but only checked that the food was ok once we'd obviously finished.

'House Special' pasta included bland, flaccid prawns with no sign of a flash fry or griddle to brown them, tasteless pepper rather than a kick of chili, over cooked pasta and not a hint of garlic...

Pizza Neapolitan had a soggy base, salty black olives, salty anchovies and salty capers - close to inedible. I had to scrape most of the topping off as it actually made my lips sting (still stinging now I'm home!!), and I left a large amount which is definitely not like me!

The two side salads included in the deal were little more than garnish - one was literally 3 pieces of ordinary salad tomato & 3 slices of ordinary, bland mozzarella with a tiny sprinkle of parsly - no big flavours of basil etc - if I had been charged £3 each for the salads, as on the menu, I would have sent them back immediately and left.

I had looked this up on Trip Advisor before I bought the Groupon and was impressed by the reviews. It makes me wonder if we received what can only be described as poor quality food. Given the money we spent on voucher, drink & supplement, we could have got better food for the same/lower price elsewhere. We won't return even for a 'cheap & cheerful' dinner.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Faye K
Sheffield
“Exactly what we expected.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Managed to get a babysitter and wanted a cheap and cheerful Italian on a week night and this place did the trick. Food was good, the place is clean and tidy and the service was ok (waitress was polite and the food came in a timely manner, not sure she was too bothered about being there, but I didn't care). It's a modern looking restaurant and it was pretty quite, don't be scared to give it a try.