“An excellent day out!”

Tropical Butterfly House, Wildlife & Falconry Centre
Ranked #1 of 170 things to do in Sheffield
More attraction details
Owner description: Encounter the exotic and discover a wild family day out in South Yorkshire! Meet lemurs, meerkats, owls, otters, snakes, lizards, a tarantula and other amazing animals during unforgettable Animal Encounters throughout the day. Take your seat for spectacular shows, featuring free-flying birds of prey, parrots and charismatic mammals! Explore the indoor rainforest; home to butterflies, birds, bats, crocodiles and creepy-crawlies from around the world and meet and feed the friendly residents of the Farm Barn. Discover the charismatic primates of Lemur Heights and meet the inquisitive residents of Otter Springs. Take a selfie with our new dinosaurs and get closer than ever before to some of the most popular animals in the brand new walk-through mammal enclosure. Pre-booked group and School visits are welcome and VIP Experience Days and Animal Adoptions are available to purchase, as well as popular Birthday Party Room Hire. The Realm of Camelot adventure playground, outdoor Wet Play Area and indoor Activity and Craft Centre will entertain children in all weathers, and popular themed events take place at the centre during School Holidays. Facilities include a Picnic Room, Jungle Gift Shop and a modern Butterfly Cafe, serving freshly prepared hot and cold food and homemade cakes and deluxe Afternoon Tea. The Tropical Butterfly House is open daily and is located just 5 minutes from M1, junction 31.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I came here for my birthday....(22nd Birthday) & I loved it. I thought it was really good value for money, especially with all the shows and experiences that they have to offer!
We spent a whole day there so we had dinner, which was not badly priced (compared to some places that you may visit) which was finished off by the best rainbow cake ever!!
The butterfly house was lovely, especially with the different species and low flying birds....and the iguanas roaming around!
We will be going again! We had such a great day out!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

My twin 5 year old grandchildren had their birthday party here and it was the best venue I've ever been to for a kiddie party. We had our own party room and a little disco/games session, then appropriate party food before a designated member of staff led us through pet handling. The staff were excellent. I was impressed by the way they engaged with the children and made the day special for everyone. The children met a Harris hawk, held a chick, a snake and a tiny tortoise. They fed goats and meercats, watched the otters and then we got to spend the rest of the day there. It is a wonderful place,,,beautifully planted and very clean.

3  Thank boggleuk
Reviewed March 30, 2014

My brother and I bought my mum here for Mothers Day 2014, we also booked the 'Owl Prowl' too. The owl experience included entry for the day and it was all excellent value. The staff were all polite and friendly, Ben who took us for our Owl experience was wonderful too, friendly and extremely knowledgable. We have been a few times but can't believe how much it has changed over the last couple of years with new animals, bigger enclosures and animal experiences. A wonderful day and we will be back many times I am sure :-)

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I really enjoyed it here, went with my mum, dad and brother, and really liked the fact you could buy certain foods to feed the animals even the monkeys. The bird displays were very good, really liked how some of the animals had little routes outside to the inside of the butterfly house. The café was also really good value, had a good choice of food from sandwiches to light meals and was a good price. Its also set out very well, pretty with the flowers and you can tell all the animals are well looked after, including there enclosures.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We visit this place regulary, as its very close to where we were both brought up. We are fond of the reptiles and usually go solely to spend a couple of hours in the humid butterfly house. Last time we went we were able to feed the large igunana, as he came down from the ceiling to find another spot to lay. We adore this place, its great for kids and adults alike, and is a great asset to North Anston. In the summer or at peak times Get there early as parking can be a nightmare.

1  Thank Butlinsbabe