“Lovely & Peaceful & FREE!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 163 things to do in Sheffield
Melton Mowbray
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Lovely & Peaceful & FREE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Okay, so it was one of the first sunny days of 2013, in APRIL!
Well tended gardens. Only there half an hour as I'm not a big garden lover but do appreciate the work & effort.
Grounds are beautiful for picnics and the elderly. Wheelchair friendly as far as I could see.

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“It's so pretty and constantly changing...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

...which is why I love it and never get bored of visiting, however I do ask that if you have children, would you please refrain them from screaming in the peaceful surroundings- let them play football or frisbee on the grass, and yes, treat them to an ice-cream, because ice-cream is delicious!

Visited March 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Shame about the dead flowers”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

We visited the Botanical gardens on a very windy April day and were really impressed with the beautifully restored Victorian pavilions.This was a nostalgic trip for me as I had spent many happy hours there as a student at the university. However, there seemed to be a lot of plants that needed attention of some sort or other, though there was someone in there watering. The daffodils and crocuses were beautiful and we enjoyed our walk around the gardens.
To escape the wind we decided to go to the cafe for a drink. What a shame! All the tables had vases of dead flowers on them!! If there's one place you would expect to find nice flowers it's in a botanic gardens. I pointed this out to the waitresses and she said yes, how strange it was. Things got worse on a trip to the loo - dead plants in the corridor, ladies toilets out of order, disabled toilets with a big puddle on the floor. Not nice.
With such lack of attention, it doesn't really matter how good the food is, the visit is spoilt.

England
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Delicious!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is such a great place to visit, the quiche is the best I have ever tasted, and the cakes devine, would eat here every day if I could!!

Sheffield, United Kingdom
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Brilliant Setting!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

I visited this Garden just yesterday because while I was business in Sheffield I think it is just brilliant. The array of flowers and plants are simply splendid! There two main sections to the garden one side is what I call the open field section which gorgeous low grasses that a family can have picnic or social interactions. We also have an array of exotic flowers and trees in the field with picturesque setting overlooking the city at the background! The other section is the glass pavilion that have an array of rear and almost extinct plants and crop from different parts and countries of the world.