“Excellent find!”
Review of Hardwick House B&B

Hardwick House B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sheffield
Hardwick House B&B
Ranked #15 of 32 Sheffield B&B and Inns
Northampton
“Excellent find!”
Reviewed April 5, 2010

My girlfriend had to attend a three day course at Sheffield University so, after deciding to accompany her, I volunteered to undertake the responsibility of finding a place to stay. A little anxiety always plays some part in the choosing process (for me anyhow) as it will be home for a few days. After doing a little bit of research on the internet, this B&B became my first choice for its good vibes and location. My intuition served me well for a change as we had a great time staying in a fantastic Victorian-styled room with an amazing view and a bloody big bath! The owners were extremely friendly, easy-going and we didn't feel like we were invading someone's privacy. We also felt at home straight off the mark and their advice on places to eat and visit were spot on. In fact, Ecclesall Road is brimming with cafes/restaurants and there are a couple of great guitar shops for any like-minded musoheads. If you are into the great outdoors, the countryside is amazing and roughly 5 mins drive from the B&B's prime location. Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Northants England
Reviewed March 15, 2010

I stayed here in the Victorian room -- fantastically different - roll top bath, lovely clean white sheets a hot water bottle and even a teddy on the bed.Every corner was filled with interesting bits and pieces and I finally worked out that the dining table was actually a church door! A gem of a B and B not far from the city centre.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Durham, UK
Reviewed November 27, 2008

I only stayed for one night whilst visiting a friend in the city, but I shall definately return. If you like the appeal of modern, minimalistic (and often what I consider to be bland) hotel experiences, then this place may not be for you.
The house is quirky and full of interesting bits and bobs, giving it a cosy and very homely feel. I stayed in the Victorian room, with a fantastic, huge roll top bath. The view of the city from the bedroom was great. Yes, the furniture was old and slightly battered, but this added to the charm, if this offends you then book a room in a chain type place.
I agree with previous comments about feeling more like I was staying at a friend's home - but I kind of liked that. The owner was warm and welcoming, made a lovely veggie breakfast for me and offered me plenty of mineral water to cure my hangover (as I realised I am too old for experiencing the joys of a student night out!)
Hardwick House is in a lovely area of the city, but with easy access for the centre, the ample street parking was very handy too.

• Liked — the beautiful house and it's homely feel
  • Disliked — sorry to say - the worn/broken loo seat in my bathroom
  • Stayed November 2008
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2008

I was rather disappointed with this B & B compared to other reviewers. Apart from the good views over Sheffield the room I was in was very oppressive with dark red walls and very old dark furniture. The fireplace top and the bath were quite dusty.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
4 Thank Byland5
English countryside
Reviewed April 23, 2008

This is a very lovely B&B, which is in the one of nicest area of Sheffield and is very convenient for the University. It's a long way from the anonymous identikit rooms of the average big hotel. We were given a very warm welcome and each room was individual and very attractive and comfortable. The shower in our room wasn't the best but it was adequate. The rest of the house, including the kitchen/dining room where we had breakfast was beautifully decorated and very comfortable.

Stayed March 2008
England
Reviewed June 4, 2007

This is a lovely place to stay, although it might not suit everyone. It really doesn't feel like a Bed and Breakfast, more like a family visit to (depending on your age) your aunt, your sister, your niece and her family. Staying in the Swedish room was like visiting a friend and staying in their spare room, although with better furniture than many. If you want to swing a cat in the en suite facilities, you will be disappointed, but everything was working if a bit cramped. The food was nice, served in a lovely kitchen from the Aga, and, bliss, Radio 3. It is a few minutes walk to the Hunters Bar roundabout on the Ecclesall Road which is well served by buses in the 80 to 88 or something series. (Best place to get them from the centre of Sheffield is the City Hall stop outside the Virgin Megastore). I never waited more than a few minutes, even on Sunday morning. The walk from Hunters Bar to the B and B does have a bit of a slope upward, but that means that the view from the bedroom window is very nice indeed. The Hunters Bar area has a fair student population, but without rowdiness or noise, just the economic contribution and liveliness that means several good restaurants and a nice cafe run by a Frenchman just down from the bank on the road between Ecclesall Road and Junction Road which is the one you take to get to this B and B.

• Stayed June 2007
Surrey
Reviewed March 8, 2006

We stayed one night in the delightful twin room. The warm welcome, really comfortable bedroom and very spacious bathroom made our stay very enjoyable. The hosts were not only welcoming, but also full of useful information about the local area and Sheffield in general. Breakfast was great too. I can wholeheartedly recommend Hardwick House.

Stayed March 2006