“Perfect!!!!”

Coniston Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sheffield
Coniston Guest House
Ranked #6 of 32 Sheffield B&B and Inns
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Perfect!!!!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is a fantastic guest house. Its the perfect location and the owners Debbie and Gavin are the perfect hosts. It is extremely clean and the quality of the breakfast in fantastic! Whether you are wanted a place to stay for either business/work or you are looking for a place to stay to visit Sheffield, you wont be disappointed. Its has great access to public transport and also ideal for families.

Highly recommend and we will stay here again! Steve and Debbie

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Steve M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have stay here a few times now when been visiting my friends in sheffield and I have to say it is a loverly place, rooms are spotless and just brillient, you couldnt ask for a better place to stay and deborah the owner is very friendly and greets you with and makes you feel really welcome breakfast is also great will be staying here when I next visit thanks shareen mablethorpe

• Stayed July 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was a nice surprise, even considering the good reviews the guesthouse gets on Tripadvisor. I found to my relief that it was quiet, I got good nights sleep, even during the recent heat wave, that made it necessary to have the window open. My room was located so that I never heard a sound from others staying at the guesthouse, and since I am a light sleeper this was much appreciated.
The price is very reasonable.
Debbie, the owner, is friendly and helpful, welcoming and gives information, which makes you feel well looked after.
The room and bathroom was spotless, everything felt clean and comfortable.
Breakfast was served, quickly and efficiently in a nice breakfast lounge.
My one objection would be that I prefer my coffee stronger, but tea was good on the other hand.
Easy access by tram (and a five minute walk to tram stop).
I would stay here again. (to me, that is always the best recommendation.)

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room - and got it, so I would recommend asking Debbie.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Paresandefot
Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed one night at this guest house on Saturday 27th July. Good communication with the Owner Debbie Oliver, regarding my arrival time and how I traveled to the Guest House. The Guest house is very easy to reach by public transport. I used the Sheffield Supertram system (www.supertram.com) to reach the guest house. £2.20 from Sheffield train station. You take the Malin Bridge (blue line) tram from the tram stop at the rear of the train station to the terminus at Malin Bridge and its a 5 mins walk from there to the guest house. The walk up Beechwood Road where the guest house is located is a bit of a climb but not a problem to the average person. I was greeted with a cheerie smile and made to feel very welcome on my arrival. The guest house is spotless, I have no complaints about how clean everywhere felt. I recommend this place for its excellent value, excellent care taken by its owner Debbie and its ease of access to and from central Sheffield.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank PaulA126
Romford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We have stayed at the Coniston a few times since my daughter's wedding in 2008. All I can say that it is a lovely welcoming place.
It is nice to have the lounge as an extra room where you can relax.
It is not near the centre of Sheffield but the local transport is very good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tyrtns
Preston
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I've stayed at Coniston Guest House numerous times now, and have never been disappointed. Rooms are great. I think room 1 is the room I have stayed in nearly every time and it is lovely and bright, with really nice views from outside the window. Always seems nice and clean too. I always have a really good nights sleep here!

House is in a good location for tram stops on either the yellow or blue line. I've had no difficulties with that. I've always had the continental breakfast which has been nice. Deborah is lovely and always willing to help.

I think it is a great place to stay for the price. When I was first looking for somewhere to stay for a single trip, I could only find one other place that was £3 cheaper, but it looked very run down and trip advisor reviews suggested it wasn't the best place to stay, so sort of says it all. Last time I wanted to stay they were full for one of the nights so I stayed at the Premier Inn, and found I missed the homeliness of the guest house instead! Would (and will!) definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Room 1 is lovely
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Leyland, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 17, 2013

It can sometimes be a gamble staying in guest houses in a city but I was very pleased with this choice, a friendly welcome, and a lovely decorated homely house with a nice large rooms with attention to detail, only let down was the small old TV which would welcome replacing.

Breakfast was nice although I only had continental. Will certainly stay again when Im working in the area

Short walk down the hill to pubs, bank, take aways

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo