“Surprise wedding anniversary treat - and what a surprise it was too”
Review of Bella Donna

Bella Donna
Ranked #217 of 1,454 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Authentic Italian Cusine
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Surprise wedding anniversary treat - and what a surprise it was too”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Pass this restaurant all the time but this was the first visit. Fabulous menu with something for everyone. The food was not disappointing, it was so good I decided to only eat half my main (but brought it home for tomorrow - no way I was gonna leave it) and go for a dessert. Omg it was so hard to choose one they all sounded so delicious. My lemon sorbet with sour cherry compote was amazing.... The owners were very friendly and helpful, it was not too busy (Sunday evening) and they had time to talk to us at at the end of the meal and tell us what they are doing with the restaurant and plans for Christmas etc. Trying to think now when I can fit another calorie filled feast again. Do not miss this little gem. Oh and specials on too which would make midweek dining very good value.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Janet and Chris L

Chesterfield, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent local Italian”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Went with two friends on recommendation of others and we were not disappointed. Had passed the restaurant on a number of occasions and not been overly tempted by the outer appearance, but took a chance and were delighted with the interior. There is a comfortable waiting area and the tables are large and well spaced whilst retaining an intimate yet still lively atmosphere.
The menu is sufficiently large and varied to cater for a variety of tastes and we all agreed that we could easily do 3 or 4 visits choosing completely different dishes each time and not be disappointed. Traditional Italian starters, pasta, risotto and pizza dishes as well as meat and fish choices were followed by a good selection of desserts. We all chose a different main course and were all delighted. In addition, we were pleased to find that the restaurant offered a 'deal' on Wed, Thu, Fri and Sun evenings - buy one get one half price on mains, plus a free garlic bread. We chose what we wanted anyway, but the deal offer saved us over £20 on the total bill - bonus!
We were well looked after - attentive but not rushed - and they were happy to let us just sit and chat at the end of the meal without forcing more drinks etc on us.
All in all, an excellent evening which, as it is about half way between us and our friends, we will certainly repeat.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Bigizzy
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Visited Saturday night 20th Oct.”
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

I saw the reviews on Trip Advisor which were very good so I booked a table for six friends last night.We were welcomed by head waiter,who was very pleasant.All the staff were well trained and nothing was too much trouble.The menu was extensive.Everyone on our table thought the food was excellent.We had a very enjoyable night and would return.

Visited October 2013
“Do not be put off!!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is my first visit to Bella Donna. I have passed the restaurant many a time and always thought about whether it would be a nice place to eat. If you look at the exterior you could easily be put off .... Please do not judge a book by its cover. Once inside you will be greated with a welcoming and friendly atmosphere. for starters I had calamari which was amazing, melted in your mouth and full of flavour followed by a chicken dish which was also to a very tasty. Unfortunately the pudding I ordered wasnt great... sorry Bella Donna..... I have to be honest. I had hot chocolate fudge cake with ice cream. The cake was a generous portion, however when it arrived it wasnt warm and didnt really taste like anything. My partner on the other hand had warm crepe with Ice cream, cream and chocolate sauce. The crepe was cold and was bought in.... please take this as constructive. Maybe homemade deserts??? Other than that it was a lovely place to dine. I will deffinately be going back in the near future.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Jodie I
“Excellent Night Again”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

This is my 5th visit to Bella Donnas and on my latest visit this evening having seen their tripadvisor 2013 certificate hung on the wall behind the bar I felt inclined to write a review.

Being local I was initially put off by the exterior, I knew the place as a pub previously and have never gone for the large pub turned restaurant type of eatery but I could not have been more wrong, the interior is inviting, warm and friendly.

Moving onto the service I can only continue with the praise. The staff are really professional and you can see they have real passion for what they do, evertything runs smoothly, food is delivered promptly and the owners really make you feel at ease.

As for the food it speaks for itself, I have had 5 visits and everytime the food has been excellent whatever I have ordered.

The bonus tonight was that the wine at £16.95 was a 1ltr bottle...result! If it wasnt for the fact I was driving, ah well my wife enjoyed it.

Summing up. A great evening out and dining experience.

Mark & Diane