“Good Food, Friendly service, Recommended”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bella Donna

Bella Donna
Ranked #222 of 1,429 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: AUTHENTIC ITALIAN CUSINE
“Good Food, Friendly service, Recommended”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2012

Went with my wife and two couples for a birthday meal, I only live in the next village so ideal choice. Saturday evening was buzy, However was shown directly to the table.

Starter = Fungi aribiata = tasty and well presented

Main = Fillet Al pepperverde = cooked medium to perfection and the sauce was fabulous. came with a plate of Italian roasts and mixed veg. Everything was cooked perfectly. The only issue i have is that the veg was between two and was only really enough for one.

Dessert = tiramasu this was delicious

Good experience good price good atmosphere highly recommended

• Visited February 2012

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“what a wonderful find !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

Decided to try Bella Donna on my friends recommendation. What a good all round restaurant. 10/10 from me and my friends, and I've dined in some mega places.Can't wait for return trip! Ad its a five min drive.

• Visited January 2012
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Out with the OLD in with the NEW”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2011

Went to the Bella Donna in Renishaw last week with some friends.
The place has been there for donkeys years as a pub then as a pub \ restaurant, under differnt names, but it has never for whatever reason really apealed to me to go in at any time, as people I have known who have tried it disliked it.

That was then and this is now because the place has recently been taken over by new owners who have concentrated it as an italian restaurant,and they really want this place to work and are not afraid of the challenge to get the original reputation removed and replaced by their new growing one.
The local area monthly magazine (Image) has reviewed it and it came out with pretty good comments.
With that in mind my wife decided to go there with work friends on a girly night out and try it and had a really good meal, hence she convinced me to go on this occasion even though I had still got it in my head that it would be rubbish.
How WRONG can a guy be, the food was really really .......... really nice.
A nice touch was that if it is not on the menu but they can accomadate they will, just ask.
All the staff were attentive without being annoying and ALL very pleasant , a credit to the business.
Whilst the staff are very good and important to have, that in itself is no good if the food they serve is simply average. Not the case !!!!
The waitress that mainly looked after us turned out to be the "Donna" in Bella Donna a really nice genuine lady who for nothing was to much trouble. Her business partner ( who was not called Bella ) worked the kitchens along with Donna's son.
They certainly work well together as each and everyone of us truely enjoyed our meals.
The calzone I had was the very best I have ever had including in Italy.
My wife and our friends all had a sweet that was typical italian ( to die for was the comment ).
I on the other hand am not a sweet person preffering something more savoury such as cheese & bikkies and a nice glass of port, unfortunatly not an option, having said that I bet it will be soon.
Good selection of wines also.
All in all a very pleasant suprise for me, good food , nice people, decent place full stop.
Would I go again ? ....... already booked.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank almagettum
“Pleasantly surprised!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2011

Decided last minute to try this restaurant with my husband. Glad we arrived just after 6pm as the restaurant soon filled up which was surprising for a week day. Service was brilliant and the food very tasty. All dishes came out nice and hot which was great. The only tip I can possibly give is to wear something warm. I had a jumper on and was rather cold. Some people didn't take their coats off. We did think that the steak was overpriced at £23-£25. Apart from this we were very impressed and will definately be returning.

• Visited November 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

I went last saturday and i gotta say it was fantastic! The food was A* a return visit isnt just a definate its a must!