“Good Italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Great atmosphere with attentive service by real Italian waiters. Large menu with many authentic Italian dishes. Bread and olive oil dip given free while choosing menu. Set menu as well as a la carte. The wine choice was very good. I had a Pinot Grigio which was very good. The vegetables were extra which at approximately £3 each made the meal expensive as the main course prices weren't cheap. However the food was excellent with a good variety of fresh fish and the portions were large. I would certainly use this restaurant chain again

1  Thank MARTIN D

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Excellent "old school" Italian restaurant. My son booked this restaurant for a celebratory dinner after his graduation for a party of 16. The staff were brilliant and food delicious what better combination. We will definitely return.

3  Thank WinnieD
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Searched for a restaurant that was Italian, but not part of a chain and came up with Piccolos. Ten of us (five couples) were booked in for 7-30pm and we were greeted warmly by one of the waitresses into the small, but friendly restaurant that was already busy.
We had a table for ten upstairs that was a bit cramped, but cosy. We all ate from the main a la carte menu and had a variation of starters and mains that were all cooked very well and were all very good quality. Good house wine and draught lager and coffees. Some of us had a sweet course, but I missed out - too full from the previous two courses!
Well worth the visit and I intend to go back again.

2  Thank nickowls
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I had never been to Sheffield city centre before and searched for 40 minutes for a small friendly restaurant with good food. I knew what I was looking for and I found it.As a sole female diner I felt very comfortable here. The waitresses were efficient and charming [students] and the food was served quickly and was tasty and reasonably priced.There was a well stocked bar and my beer was the perfect temperature- cheers!

2  Thank Denise T
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Excellent and tasty food with very good service. Dined with four hungry students who left replete and happy. Need I say more?

3  Thank MJH1107