“Great foodand service with an authentic American feel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Swanky Franks - CLOSED

Swanky Franks
Cuisines: American, British, Grill
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Texan Grill & American Diner in the heart of Woodseats, Sheffield.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great foodand service with an authentic American feel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

Visited with my housemate as we had a LivingSocial voucher, although I had heard great things and had wanted to go regardless.

The welcome was uniquely amazing: I have never had a friendlier reception. We were shown to our seats quickly and drink order taken as soon as we were ready (very nice bottle of house white!)

The menu is amazing in terms of choice, and there is a great selection foods for all budgets and appetites. I had the Brooklyn Chilli Burger (burger topped with chilli) which was excellent (and for those who don't like spicy food - like me! - it was perfect). The burger was juicy and very reasonably sized. We were asked if our meals were ok and if anything else could be provided for us
There was a small wait between clearing our main meals and giving us desert menus but not enough that you would begin to get restless and complain at the time.

Great atmosphere - you could easily be convinced you're actually sitting in a diner in the USA! Nice decor, and classic American tunes make it a very enjoyable visit.

Will definitely be returning - I cannot emphasise how good this place is and will be recommending to all my family and friends.

Looking forward to my next visit. Keep up the good work :)

barnsley
“Well worth a visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

We decided to go here as we had drove past a few times and liked the look of it. I then saw an offer on Living Social so gave it a go.

From ringing to book our table, to leaving at the end of our meal, the service couldn't have been better. The staff were extremely friendly and very attentive but not overly so.

My partner ordered the cheeky burger from the menu and I had the Elvis burger from the specials board. Both came with fries and coleslaw and was probably one of the nicest burgers we had ever had! We both loved the fact that we were given American chip spice to shake on our fries and four lots if dips (mayo, ketchup, tomato relish and sweetcorn relish) without asking!
We both had dessert, mine a Snickers cheesecake with rocky road icecream (to die for) and he had Oreo cookie bash with vanilla icecream (again to die for!)
The portions were much larger than average so we were stuffed to say the least.

All in all we enjoyed the food, the atmosphere... Everything!! It was amazeballs!!

We will be returning to try the 12" chilli dog!

• Visited April 2013
“A great little American diner in Sheffield”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Recently visited Swanky Franks for our third time after purchasing a deal on Living Social. The food was delicious as always - great quality and very satisfying! We all had burgers with chips and coleslaw and the portions were huge! The prices are reasonable, although you may find expensive for a burger and chips but it is worth the price for the high standard and amount of food you get, and even better value with a deal. We all had the Oreo cheesecake for dessert which I can't recommend enough! The staff are friendly and helpful enough, even though one in particular was quite loud and it felt like you were being shouted at and a drink order had been forgotten. All in all it was a great evening and the food didn't disappoint - I'm sure we'll be returning.

“At Liberty to Relax”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

After a stressful day, it was great to walk past the Statue of Liberty out side Swanky Franks to be given a very warm welcome by Lyndsey and her team.The music and welcome certainly cheered me up after one of 'those' working days. I selected a sirloin steak medium and asked Lyndsey to suggest a smooth red wine , her choice was great. I don't normally select Californian Reds but this was smooth full bodied and lacked the sweet after taste of others.
The whole staff are delightfully attentive without being over the top.
The steak came with a generous portion of fresh fries and a tomato, mushroom and coleslaw dressing. I was extremely tempted by the sweet menu but in the interest of waistline I declined. I have visited Swanky Franks with family and friends on many occasions since it opened. We are always well looked after and greeted warmly by Lyndsey and her team. She is a gem of an asset to Swanky and Frank. I left with a smile on my face and the remains of the day had disappeared.

“Nothing spectacular”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Went here with a voucher purchased from living social. The two of us had a nachos starter to share and also a chilli burger and a meat pizza for main which went down fairly well. Not nearly as good as Yankees or Uncle Sams on Eccy road which are actually cheaper and have a better atmosphere and no cheesy wallpaper!
Decent food but there are better burger joints in Sheffield.