“Very good tapas and very friendly team.”

La Mama Latin Tapas Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #105 of 1,483 Restaurants in Sheffield
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: La Mama is a fully licensed independently run Tapas bar and restaurant serving award winning, fresh authentic Latin cuisine. Bring family, friends, children, or experience a romantic meal for two. We host live Latin Jazz evenings regularly, our Tapas Happy Hour promotion runs Tuesday to Thursday and kids eat free each Saturday lunchtime. We are also available for private hire including wedding receptions and baby showers. Should you wish to eat or simply drink we will be pleased to welcome you!
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We went with my mom and dad who had never had tapas. The wine was very well priced and went down bottle by bottle! The food was tapas and every dish was good with a desert to round off. All in all a great little place

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Me and my housemate took a trip to La Mama after we bought a Living Social voucher. We had 2 tapas dishes each and also shared 2, so we basically had 3 dishes each. We had a selection of hot and cold tapas. What we ate was plenty of food to comfortably fill us, although I would recommend 4 per person if you were fairly hungry. All of the dishes were faultless, cooked to perfection. The prices of each dish were very reasonable. The house white wine we both had went down (too) well! The service was very friendly and although the restaurant is small, this is not a bad thing as there is still atmosphere, especially with some traditional music playing.

It's a shame that there isn't a menu online to browse before you visit. Some items off the main menu and dessert menu were out of stock. We were not asked for our drinks order until our food order was taken.

Overall, very impressed and will definitely be visiting again (several times!) and recommending to everyone! :)

1  Thank d_griffindor
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Came here with a living social voucher, as me and my housemate use them to try out new places. Very impressed, and will definitely be returning.

The food was very good. Between me and my housemate we had chorizo, hummus, potatoes in salsa, lamb on skewers, pork on skewers and tuna parcels. Everything was cooked to perfection and melted in the mouth. Between us this was the right amount of food to be comfortably full, so if you were really hungry 4 tapas each would probably be best.

The only downside (and also the reason for the non-exact names of the tapas we chose) is that they do not have a menu online, which is a shame cause I love to ponder the menu before I go places.

We both had a glass of house white wine, which was lovely and fruity, and flowed easily (too easily!). This is offered in measures of small or large or by the bottle which cost around £13.

The restaurant does an offer Tues-Thurs before 7.30pm where you can get 4 tapas for £12 which I feel would be fantastic value for money.

Overall, very happy with everything, from the food, to the general ambiance of the restaurant, and the good value for money. Will definitely be returning!!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I'm a regular visitor to La Mama and it has never failed to impress - AMAZING food, AMAZING service and an AMAZING atmosphere! So many great times have been had in this restaurant, you'd be crazy to miss out!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Just been to La Mamas for my first visit and my first tapas experience. Very cool. Had a few dishes and a desert which the waitress helped me pick, thankfully. Good vege options, would recommend the berenhenous. Staff were dead nice and me and my girls had a reight laugh. Thanks guys Sarah