“Quality mexican food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I have to admit that the first time we visited I wasn't impressed, we had the buffet and I felt at nearly £14 compared to the prices on the main menu it didn't seem value for money. My son persuaded us to go back and eat from the regular menu. I wasn't too hopeful however I must say we left after having a really tasty good quality meal. There is plenty to eat, lots of nachos and dips appear and very quickly the table is full of food. The service was quick and friendly. I did note however at the end of both meals, after paying they were not in much of a hurry to bring any change, I had to ask both times, I always leave a tip but it should be my choice not theirs.

Can recommend the sharing taco plate at £12.50 for 2, there is plenty to share, almost like a Mexican tapas platter and loads of soft tortillas with it.

Will go back, we went on a Friday night at 7.30 so reasonably busy and they coped well.

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

The food is great! We had nachos to start and enchiladas for main. Every table was taken and the food was still served quick.

It was a little noisy, but as I said, it was packed.

The service was friendly and we really enjoyed it. Would defo go again!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Having been a regular visitor to Amigos over recent years from when it first opened on the corner of Sharrow Vale Road I have to say that tonight I have come away feeling very disappointed and some what ripped off. The food was good as well as the service and as usual we arrived with a couple of beers to open with our meal. This place originally has never charged corkage, I was aware when visiting with a large group in April that this had been introduced for parties over 8 as the waiter had told me when I made the booking- fair enough, but tonight to be charged a pound each corkage for a small bottle of beer each I feel is a step too far. The waiter showed me the small print on the menu and unfortunately for the waiting on staff they will be the ones out of pocket as I felt on principle I could not leave a tip. Left feeling very disappointed after introducing a lot of our friends to this place also my 2 daughters have introduced their friends. I will leave it up to them to decide whether they go back. For me well I am not so sure, shame really. Maybe their over confidence and divergence from their original roots will not pay off long term

1  Thank K G
A TripAdvisor Member
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

So I tried my utmost best to try this place thrice and yet I still struggle to understand what it is people enjoy about this place.

Same old food, every thing you order tastes the same, presentation is messy and the service is atrocious. The wait for my food, every time I've been has tested my patience, to say it's like a canteen, so loud and busy - staff treating you like cattle the least we could have got is our food in a reasonable time ?

Only thing I enjoyed was my Illy Espresso. One time, being one of the last customers, staff started putting chairs on top of table, great part of a dining experience.

Won't be visiting again !

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

We've been in amigos in a lunch time. The food was amazing, big plates for a cheap price. But the service was really bad. We ask for a dish without jalapeños and they maked with them. But we will return sure. Nice place.