“The Big Mexican”

Amigos Mexican Kitchen
Ranked #87 of 1,430 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“The Big Mexican”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

I thoroughly enjoy visiting Amigos, It's always full but you never seem to be waiting upon a table. Good traditional Mexican food accompanied by a friendly service.This restaurant is becoming very popular throughout the city. Easy to locate via public transport, and not more than 20 minutes walk from the city center. Ariba! Ariba!

• Visited April 2013

Nuneaton
“Es Stupendo!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stumbled upon Amigos restaurant last night - what a find!

The food was excellent and the service was second to none. Quite often with Mexican restaurants I find they can promise a lot and deliver little. For a family of four I spent less than thirty pounds and we all had plenty to eat. The restaurant is not licences so they operate a BYO policy in respect of alcohol.

This place is seriously worth a visit.

South Yorkshire
“Excellent Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

We went to this restaurant for the first time yesterday. We had driven past a few times when going elsewhere on London Rd and had noticed it always appeared to be busy so we thought we'd give it a try. OMG I so glad we did the food was amazing, not sure what I was expecting really as been to the usual places for Mexican food before - Chiquito's, TGI's etc but this place was something else - really don't bother with those places again this place is the BEST.

I wish I could remember the name of the starter my husband ordered, we shared it and it was v nice - like a cornish pasty but spicy! For mains I had Chilli con Carne and my husband had fajitas both dishes were excellent and the presentation was good as well. The staff that work there are really helpful and want to ensure you are enjoying your food. The only slight downside is that the place isn't licensed so it was diet coke all round but I did notice people had brought their own wine in - so next time! And there definitely will be a next time.

I would definitely recommend this place and I nearly forgot to say its twice as nice as the places I've mentioned above and about half the price - result!!

Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“Very authentic and great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Always enjoy the food here. I wasn't keen on the new larger premises and décor but ate there yesterday and the food was just as superb as it always has been. Definitely recommend it

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

I've been to Amigos two times and I just loved it. My boyfriend and I shared a taco tray, which was just fantastic (and could actually feed two persons who don't have a great appetite). Waiters were both times really nice and attentive, food was served quickly. Prices are more than reasonable, and the other good thing is that you can bring your own alcohol. Can't wait to go again !