“DO NOT GO TO THIS PLACE”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Aspalas

Aspalas
Ranked #865 of 1,428 Restaurants in Sheffield
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Sheffield, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“DO NOT GO TO THIS PLACE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

My boyfriend introduced me to this place cuz we wanted to try different turkish restaurants in Sheffield. I wouldn't say the food is bad. It's actually good and the atmosphere is okay. The problem is that they have the WORST service in the world. I've probabaly been there 5-6 times so far and they always give me wrong food or often time some ingredients are missing.
If you order chicken, they'll bring you lamb or you wont even find a single piece of chicken in the alledged chicken dish. It happnes all the time and I seriously don't know why I returned to the place after the first incident. What's worse is how the servers deal with such problems. When you point it out gently, they're not even apologetic. I'm just speechless how they come with wrong dish and ask me to take it cuz it's gonna be free. ARE THEY KIDDNG? Today they brought me a lamb dish when I clearly ordered a chicken dish(I made it super clear cuz I don't trust them anymore). I was annoyed but took it anyway but I couldn't eat it cuz there were lots of other ingredients missing. I told them to take it away and they didn't even apologize properly. When we asked the bill, they tried to charge us for the dish that I didn't even order or eat and after we tolerated all this terrible service they had the gut to charge us for the dish my boyfriend ordered. This place and their service just ruin my feeling all the time and there is no way I'm going back to the place. If you value service as much as the quality of food, do not go to this place. It's just waste of money and time and no customer deserves such terrible service.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank chloe111419

Grange-over-Sands, United Kingdom
“Bursting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I had been and eaten alone here and enjoyed a good meal for less than £10. So I went with a friend and we had the dinner for two.

Well we managed to finish !

We both judged it to be a very high standard. Cold starters were simple and tasty but the whitebait in the hot starters was great. Then the main with bread and salad which was grilled chicken and lamb. Large portions, well cooked.

We left having had 4 beers + tea/ coffee and it was less than £40.
Excellent.

There is also a good take- away that I have used and this can be for just £5. High recommended.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Alastair A
Sheffield
“Awesome pizza!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

I have only had pizza from here but I have had many and boy are they good! If i was ever in town at dinner i would grab one of the 1.50 pizzas! I do intend to go back and try some things off their menu as it looks delicious!

• Visited December 2012
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“wasn't the meal i was expecting”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

we had a meal a while ago, the quality of the meat was not good at all. we didn't eat the dish but i paid for it. portions are very big but they compromise on the quality. They have to think as a catering business of the best way to prevent spoiled meat, they should store it properly to prevent the bad smell and taste. the toilets were horrible... but the sitting space was nice... Turkish are known for their charcole grills but i didn't experience it in Asplas... i was very unhappy and my daughter too.

• Visited February 2013
Shef
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We live in the city centre and have tried quite a lot of the local restaurants. We went to Aspalas last night as it's been one we've wanted to try for a while. We'll definitely be going back! The food was great and really fresh and the service was fast and very friendly. We shared a cold mixed platter followed by a hot one which was more than enough. Would recommend this place to anyone and can see us going back many times!!

• Visited March 2013