“Great service great quality food value for money”
Review of Aspalas - CLOSED

Aspalas
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Great service great quality food value for money”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We ate here 14-07-12 2 of us and had the set menu. I think it was brilliant value at £24 for a selection of dips and bread a variety of hot starters a platter of mixed chargrilled meats salad and rice + dessert tea/coffee. The service was fantastic very attentive and friendly. Do not let the takeaway section put you off eating here it is totally seperate from the restaurant (which is tastefully decorated) all the food we had was fresh and tasty. I would recommend this restaurant and would definatley eat here again.

1 Thank diamondgirl52

Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing!”
Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

My meal here was one of the best I've ever had! We got the house red and white wine which was great quality and tasted good! We got served with warm Turkish bread and olives when we sat down which was a nice surprise! We had a massive mixed grill type dish which was great! The meat was so flavoursome and there was so much! We were given free baclava and Turkish tea at the end! The staff were so friendly and the atmosphere was great! The meal cost is £40 for two people! I can't wait to go back!

1 Thank Eugene M
“Best restaurant in Sheffield”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

The food was great I've tried the new savurma doner which made with 100: lamb and it's home made the atmosphere was great I will definitely go there again

Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“Hearty, healthy (yes!) and delicious”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I've been on a few occasions. The place is half takeaway with a little cafe seating area, and the other half is a sit-down restaurant. Both are tasty, and have quick service. In the restaurant I have had a mixed lamb kebab mezze - properly grilled tasty lamb (not that awful spray-on doner kebab stuff you sometimes see) with loads of salad and Turkish bread with olive oil. Very generous portion, and very good price. Probably as authentic as it gets, as it is clearly popular with the Turkish locals wanting a taste of home.

In the takeaway I've had a a few different things, mainly sticking to the more traditional grilled chicken or lamb kebabs, which can be served deconstructed on a plate to eat-in, or wrapped up in the large Turkish bread to eat on the go. Definitely recommend.

• Visited March 2012
Fethiye, Turkey
“Update.... 5 stars awarded!”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

When I went to Aspalas for my mixed shish grill tonight, the owners proudly showed me the award they had just been given in the local authority 'Scores on the Doors' scheme. They have been awarded 5/5 stars! This award is for both the take away part of the business and the restaurant side.
The Scores on the Doors scheme marks hygiene and quality standards and it very unusual apparently for a take away to achieve such a high award.
Well done, Aspalas! I knew I was right all along!

• Visited April 2012