“GET THE DELIVERY TIME RIGHT”
Review of Sushi Express

Sushi Express
Ranked #725 of 1,516 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Utterly astonishing. I have only ordered takeaway deliveries for 4 times and out of those 4 times, 3 of those deliveries have been awful. 2 times I have got my food at around 50 minutes earlier and 1 time was 25 minutes. I have ordered well in advance for all the deliveries yet they seem to be so incompetent in managing their takeaway orders.

P.S I have also had delivery problems at Sakushi. Will turn to Edosushi and try out Yama Sushi from now on.

2  Thank Joneats

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We've tried to be patient with Sushi Express, having been big fans since they opened. Funnily enough, the service & quality was much better in the early days but has now dropped to an unacceptable level. As some of the other negative reviews here allude to, the quality of the ingredients has dropped off, portions have gotten smaller (whilst price has increased) & ordering for delivery is riddled with problems, but by far the worst problem is the customer service.

I would estimate we have eaten in Sushi Express at least 25 times since it opened & ordered takeaway about 10 times, yet tonight when we ordered food that was delivered cold we were only offered a partial refund for the dishes that were meant to be hot. This was no small feat in itself as it took us repeated contact with just-eat customer service & it's much more than we've been offered in the past. Considering our entire dinner was ruined, I consider this very poor service. Their inital offer of re-ordering our food would have meant we would have been eating 3-4 hours after ordering which is of no use to us. Considering our continued custom & time wasted chasing up the issue, a full refund would have been a small but signifcant gesture (it was only a small meal for two after all).

I think this will be the last time we bother with Sushi Express & we will take our business elsewhere as this is the latest in a string of poor customer service incidents, including having the wrong food delivered, dishes missing from our order (both eating in & takeaway), waiting an unacceptable amount of time for delivery & generally poor service. Every time we have complained, we have received an apology but no offer to recompense us. We probably should have given up on them a while ago & we certainly did stop ordering takeaway but were willing to give them another chance until tonight.

If Sushi Express wishes to retain their customers, they should consider employing staff with a more professional demeanour & take a few lessons in customer service. I would love to see them improve again, but until they do, they won't be getting any more of our custom.

5  Thank Paul W
Reviewed January 21, 2013

+ Great quality
+ great menu and dishes
+ clean
+ good service, maybe a bit slow
+ good variety of dishes and drinks
+ excellent spicy rolls.
+ good lunch sushi selection boxes.

Regular Customer here/

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have spent a lot of money at this restaurant, both eating in and taking away regularly. The food has gone down hill recently with the freshness of the sashimi particularly in question, ie going hard and dry in places. Also when I last ordered a take away it was farcical, they forgot some of my order told me they would be right back with the rest and I heard nothing from them for an HOUR. I had to ring them to remind them. I was then told that next time I ordered I would receive a discount.
A week later I have just rung them to claim my discount which they have just told me is now unavailable. So if you want a sushi restaurant that sells raw fish of questionable freshness and also will not value you as a customer at all then go to sushi express. I will be taking my business to Yama from now on.

5  Thank Antonio S
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Having read the other reviews on here I was really looking forward to trying Sushi Express. Sadly I think this is possibly the worst customer service I have ever received.
I ordered over the internet and requested delivery. I was told this would be an hour. The food eventually arrived after an hour and a half and after 18(!) attempts to contact the restaurant to find out what was going on.
The delivery man (and manager it turns out) proceeded to stand on my door step and argue with me, in quite an intimidating way. He informed me that 'these things happen in business' in place of an apology and seemed to expect a thank you!
When I eventually got to open my food, it was all cold and inedible. I called the restaurant to request a refund but was spoken to in the same way as before and my request was refused.
I am so very disappointed as I had been looking forward to trying this place. I will certainly never return and will visit one of the other Japanese establishments in the city centre in future.

4  Thank Moniker_12