“They try too hard - then it's just average!”

Zizzi - Sheffield Meadowhall
Ranked #354 of 1,434 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.Our restaurant in Meadowhall shopping centre provides much needed rest and refreshment for the thousands of visitors who flock to the complex every year. Located in the aptly named Oasis dining court, Zizzi has been an instant hit since we opened, providing customers with fresh, rustic Italian dishes served in a relaxed and contemporary restaurant. We get really busy, so booking is highly recommended!
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“They try too hard - then it's just average!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Like so many of the chain restaurants, Zizzi is quite good value when you get a special offer - this time using Voucher codes. but why is it so hard to make a decent lasagne? In one of my reviews I mentioned one which had lots of pasta and hardly anything else and this time it was the other way round; a too rich ragu with cheese, breadcrumbs (?!) and just one tiny square of pasta hiding in the middle.

Along with a glass of warm, wet ...I think it was meant to be tea, but was served as a "make your own" kit, with water that was so far from boiling that it was impossible to brew, we actually paid just under £14 for 2 for lunch, which is why it would be churlish to award less than 3 stars.

• Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Marske-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The service was quick and the food was good value for the money paid. I wasn't too keen on my spicey pizza but my wife enjoyed her pasta. Comfortable and warm - worth a visit.

• Visited September 2013
LEEDS
“Nearly fell asleep waiting but the noise put a stop to that”
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

We waited for 40 mins to get our food. It wasn't at capacity either, id day 50 percent full. The food was ok, pizza looked good but lacked taste. It then took about 15 mins to get the bill. I feel sorry for the couple next to us. They arrived before us, got served after us and had to send the food back. O dear!

• Visited October 2012
“Best restaurant I've ever been to”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I went to zizzi's for a nice italian meal for my birthday and let me just say, the service and freindliness of the staff was first class from entrance to exit. The food was absolutely fantastic and I must reccomend the rustica piccante, its is the best pizza bar none. Would highly recommend a meal here and I will be sure to return time and time again. Beats take away pizzas hands down thanks guys for making my birthday one to remember!

• Visited August 2013
Barnsley
“Tasty food.”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Before I start, if your after some fast food served quickly then this isn't the place for you. For starters I had the Pizzetta Capra (£4.95) which was nice but when I saw how much Garlick bread (£3.95) my wife had for a pound cheaper I felt robbed. We washed this down with a large (£6.15) and small (£3.60) Peroni. There was the usual wait for the main meal but that's what conversation is for. The main meals came well presented and my wife had Riga Carbonara (£9.50), which was devoured and she said it was gorgeous. I had the Calzone Piccante (£10.45), which was a very spicy version, so much so it was on a similar heat grading of a Madras Curry, but that's what I love. All in all it was a very nice experience.

• Visited August 2013